Geographically Specific Home Locations
I have always maintained that real estate professionals should focus on niche area of real estate so they can become highly expert in what they do and beat out all the generalists who try to be jack of all trades and master of none. One of the best ways of doing this is focusing on a particular geographic farm area. This rep is doing this in spades with his Craig’s List ads.
He has setup ads to attract people looking for homes in specific neighborhoods within the Toronto area. Here are some examples of the ad headlines he uses for doing this:
- LUXURY FOREST HILL HOMES (TORONTO)
- FOREST HILL HOUSES (Toronto)
- AFFORDABLE FINANCING – New Leaside Property (Toronto)
- Rosedale Living – Affordable Financing (Toronto)
- Zero Down for Leslieville Townhouse (Toronto)
- *****Danforth Property***** (Toronto)
- Bloor West Village/High Park (Toronto)
- ***Leaside Homes*** (Toronto)
- Annex Property (Toronto)
Though I advocate focusing on one or two neighborhoods for getting listings, you never know where buyers may come from. Almost all the neighborhoods he notes here are wealthy ones with $2 million+ homes, so these would be ideal places to hunt for buyers to add to your database if your farm neighborhood’s home prices are in the same range.
To cover the bases more comprehensively this rep also used the ad headline “Luxury Toronto Neighborhoods”.
This rep has used ads to snag prospects from less specific geographic areas using headlines such as:
- +++Cheap Toronto Homes+++ (Toronto)
- WEST END CONDOS & LOFTS (TORONTO/ETOBICOKE)
- TOWNHOMES TORONTO (toronto)
- Uber Cheap Houses in Toronto (Central,East,West)
- North Toronto Homes (Toronto)
- Hot North York Listings (Toronto)
- Bargain Prices in Central Toronto (Toronto)
- TORONTO CONDO DEALS (TORONTO)
- FIRST HOME TORONTO (Toronto)
- Sexy Hot Toronto Deal (Toronto)
This is also a good tactic because some people know the city or general area they want to live in but don’t necessarily have a specific neighborhood in mind yet. This rep is clearly focusing on Toronto throughout all his ads.
Using this approach in attracting a lot of different types of prospects from specific points over a wide geographic area would be a good approach for building up an entire brokerage. Different reps could be assigned to specific areas and given the prospects who sign up for these mailing lists.