How do I find a GREAT Listing Agent for my Short Sale? Pretty much everyone knows that without a great Listing Agent, the odds of CLOSING your Short Sale are not real good. The List Agent is THE most important part of CLOSING a Short Sale...period! You do NOT need to use a Negotiation Company. There are PLENTY of great Short Sale Listing Agents in your own area..do your homework, it'll pay off.
How do you go about finding one that can get the job done?
1. Interview your potential Agent and find out how many years they've been working Short Sales.
2, Find out how many CLOSED Short Sales the Agent has in their files.
3. Find out how many Lenders your potential Agent has worked with? Do they know how, or do they even want to handle Short Sales with more than one loan?
4. Does your property have any other liens on it? Does your potential Listing Agent know how to handle that?
5. Can your potential Listing Agent explain YOUR personal situation and how they'll go about helping you solve it?
6. Can your potential Listing Agent explain how they will communicate with you during the process? And why?
7. Perhaps the most important question to ask is for CLOSED Short Sale references.
These are just some of the questions you should find out before you decide which Agent you are going to go with. Make a list and make your decision based on ALL the information you gather.
Remember how important the Listing Agent decision is. Both in Equity Sales and even more so in Short Sales..