For those whose pen is poised over paper and a big chunk of writer's block hit them, here are five things that you can say in that note to your clients, whether it is attached to your home warming gift or not.
- It was a joy to work with you on finding your new home. Of course sometimes it is not a joy. It was a struggle and the clients were mean and inconsiderate. In that case, you can say..... It was such an experience working with you.
- I wish you many happy years in your new home. Of course the clients may be newly weds and you hope they have five children or they do have five children and who will need six bedrooms when the nest is empty. In that case, Your new home is perfect for your current needs.
- In this highly competitive market, you proved to be an able negotiator. Of course, the client could have been trying to get the deal of the century and you had to write six offers before anyone would even respond. In that case, you can say..... We worked hard to get the right deal but now it is over and you can enjoy the fruits of your labor.
- How wonderful that we found a house that is move-in ready. Of course, it could be a handyman's special and there are going to be years of work and mega bank loans to get that house fully habitable. In that case, you can say..... You are so lucky to have found a home that will allow you to use your creative talents to put your own stamp on it.
- If there is ever an opportunity for me to work with you, your friends or family again, I want you to call me. Not every relationship bears repeating so you may not want to work with these clients again but there is referral business so you can say........ I hope you will give me a call if I or one of my associates can be of service in the future.
We seem to be losing the art of writing notes and cards. The quick email has replaced a card. Some, from the Land of Entitlements, wouldn't even think that a thank you note would be polite and expected. I recommend sending a wonderful card that will sit on the mantle for days while all the friends and relatives come to see the new house. Finally and most important. Every card should say.......
Thank you so much for your business.
Photo credit: Tapping a Pencil