Wal-Mart announced last week that they are moving the U.S. Apparel division back to Bentonville, AR! In early 2009 Wal-Mart announced they would move the Apparel division to New York to be in the "center of the fashion industry" but have decided that is not needed. Bentonville is an amazing place to live and if anyone making this move either “back to Bentonville” or “to Bentonville for the 1st time” I would be honored to assist you with your relocation. I am in the top 1% of all Realtors in Northwest Arkansas and have helped hundreds of families relocate to Northwest Arkansas. As a lifelong resident of NWA – I have the experience you need. Visit my website @ www.NickyDou.com , EMAIL me or give me a call @ 479.236.3457 to get the ball rolling. Wal-Mart hopes to have this move completed by February 1st, 2012 which is just around the corner.
(note about the relocation: You have the choice to use the Realtor of your choice… although you will most likely be “assigned a Realtor” if you do not speak up. If you are like me – I like to choose who I work with. I am not likely the Realtor you would be assigned to, either – as I usually only work with clients “who choose to work with me” instead of being “assigned to me”. Contact me if you have any questions. You will not miss out on any relocation benefits by hiring me to be your buyers agent – I am certified with most all of the relocation companies including SIRVA & CARTUS and all I need to do is to fill out some paperwork :) it is that simple!
I would be honored to help you and look forward to talking with you soon! ~Nicky Dou
I want to personally congratulate the following:
· Lisa Rhodes, Senior Vice President – Wal-Mart U.S. Apparel Merchandising, will continue to lead the Apparel team through this transition.
· Mary Fox, Senior Vice President – Global Apparel Sourcing, will serve as the project lead in New York through this transition. This will ensure we deliver the major milestones of the fall buying cycles that will take place during the November through January timeframe.
· Jeff Evans is being promoted from Vice President to SVP, GMM of Men’s/Kid’s/Baby/Shoes. Jeff joined Sam’s Club in 2006 and currently serves as Vice President, DMM Men’s for Wal-Mart U.S. - He and his family will relocate to Bentonville.
· Marybeth Cornwell is being named SVP, GMM of Ladieswear/Intimates/Jewelry & Accessories. Marybeth joined Sam’s Club in 2009 and most recently served as SVP, GMM Home & Apparel. Previously she was a Merchandising Vice President with Lowe’s Home Improvement and also held Vice President, Marketing roles at Lexington Furniture and at HanesBrands Inc.
· Jeff Dunn is being promoted to Vice President, Divisional Merchandise Manager (DMM), Shoes and will continue to lead our shoe area in Bentonville. Jeff joined the organization in 1993 and held various merchandising positions for Sam’s Club and International, and he is currently part of the Apparel leadership team. Jeff will relocate to Bentonville and report to Jeff Evans.
· Tom Dougherty will join the Apparel merchant team as Vice President, DMM Men’s, reporting to Jeff Evans. Tom joined Wal-Mart in 1994 and most recently was Vice President of the Store Visual/Merchandising Execution team for General Merchandise and Softlines.
· Patricia Snyder will report to Jeff Evans as Vice President, DMM Kids, which includes the baby area. She joined Wal-Mart in 2004 and most recently served as Vice President of Replenishment, Home and Apparel.
· Deanah Baker is being named Vice President, DMM Ladies, reporting to Marybeth. Since she began her Wal-Mart career in 1990 as an Assistant Buyer in Boyswear, Deanah has been successful in many merchandising roles in apparel and hardlines.
· Dave Adams is being promoted to Vice President, DMM Intimates, reporting to Marybeth. As the Senior Director of Apparel Planning, Dave has done an outstanding job, and we look for more great work in his new role. Dave will relocate to Bentonville.
· Ginny Rothschild is being promoted to Senior Category Director, Jewelry and Accessories. She joined Wal-Mart in 2009, and most recently was a Director in Men’s Apparel. Ginny will report to Marybeth.
Some of many favorite subdisivions in Bentonville, Arkansas include: Lochmoor Club (see video below for a current listing I have in Lochmoor) which is just around the corner from Central Park Elementary, St. Valery Downs, Stonehenge, Heathrow, Oxford Ridge, Rolling Acres, Quail Ridge, Riverwalk, Chapel Hill (very close to the new Crystal Bridges Art Museum)... Other favorites include Shadow Valley (country club/gated community located in Rogers - but in Bentonville School District) & Pinnacle (some homes in Pinnacle attend Rogers Schools, others attend Bentonville - unsure which school district your child will attend? Send me a quick email with the address and I will be happy to check it for you.
I hope you have a wonderful experience with your relocation and do hope to hear from you.
Enjoy the video: