People make a huge mistake in life chasing fun when they should find happiness.
Do You JUST Want Fun Or GO For Happiness?
As they say in the beer commercial, you only go around once. Why pick the wrong thing?
A few pointers. Fun and Happiness are DIFFERENT. You can pursue fun, you cannot pursue happiness or it will elude you. Happiness flutters around in the world and is a "byproduct" and effect of what you do that will bring it to you. It is like a butterfly at a butterfly exhibit that you must remain still then "magically" one moment it lands on your finger. You know it when it happens.
Some more thoughts contrasting fun with happiness:
- Fun is short term, Happiness is long term
- Fun things are a distraction, Happiness is in your core
- Fun is shallow, Happiness is deep
- Fun could be shopping, fine dining, visiting museums, going to concerts, while Happiness is commitment to a person or purpose, love, respect, trust, excellent consistent communication that yields it
- Fun is laughing, Happiness is a more meaningful good feeling inside and serenity
You get the picture. It is like Fun is a text or Twitter tweet about yourself vs. Happiness is reading a love letter from a soulmate. Worlds apart, and worlds apart in meaningfulness too. Fun is temporary and can leave you feeling empty where what you really want is Happiness with fulfillment. Like a glass of water where you are still thirsty with Fun and a whole crystal clear springs of water with Happiness to never have you thirsty.
Life is very much a mystery. The heart can be very complicated finding happiness in life overall and between people. Older couples say they have difficulties but despite living through all that their recommendations for staying with happiness is just be kind to one another. Simple yet profound to RESULT in happiness.