Giving Thanks, North Shore Edition
As Thanksgiving approaches I'm feeling incredible gratitude. Next week my husband will tackle the turkey (it's like a religion for him) while I whip up the sides and we gather around the table with family to celebrate and reflect. In that spirit, I am thinking about my local and online communities and wanted to share a few thoughts.
I am thankful for many things -
- I am thankful to work as a Realtor in Highland Park, IL. I feel lucky every time I meet a new client and have a chance to show them the possibilities here. I am part of an incredible business community here, and I'm fortunate to work with some of the best brokers, inspectors, mortgage bankers and contractors in the game.
- I am thankful for the amazing schools here on the North Shore. Hard to believe, but by now I have learned the ropes of the local preschools, elementary schools, junior highs and high school. My kids are getting a top notch public education.
- I am thankful that we have a thriving local business scene and residents who choose to support it. Our local businesses have a friendly, personal vibe that gives the North Shore much of its wonderful character.
- I am thankful for the natural beauty all over Highland Park and the North Shore. I can visit the Botanic Gardens, walk the Ravines, boat on the lake or just peek outside. Sometimes I just need to slow down on Green Bay Road to let a deer cross the street. In a few weeks I'll probably be snowshoeing!
- I am thankful for the online community of real estate professionals that I have met through Active Rain. I have learned so much from all of you and appreciate all of your stories and insights.