Are you Ready for a Greater Victoria Condominium or Strata Lifestyle?
In a previous article we discussed that "strata and condominium" in BC are interchangable names for all properties coverned by the BC Strata Property Act.Read this article here.
Let's review the typical Greater Victoria Strata Home Options:
- Condominiums, Suites, Apartments
- Town-homes. Row Homes
- 1/2 Duplexes
- Bare Land Strata (a slightly altered application of the strata property act).
The biggest "lifestyle" difference and adjustment from living in a Single Family Home to Living in any form of Strata Titled Property, is all about being able to Adjust to Living in a Shared Responsibility Environment.
Over the Past 25+ years Peter and Linda Pfann have assisted many of our Victoria BC clients with the very significant lifestyle change from a single family home to a Condominium/Strata home. It would be our privilege to answer any of your questions or concerns about your Grerater Victoria BC, real estate plans.
The very reasons why many people select to live in a strata/condominium community, are also the reasons why some people find the adjustments required some what challenging.
If you are currently living in a Single Family Home and are considering a change of lifestyle to a Condominium / Strata home, Here are some questions that might assist you if you are ready to consider living in a Strata Development.
- Are you prepared for the somewhat increased noise levels and retraints that are largely unavoidable by living in closer proximity to your neighbours?
- Are you comfortable having the day to day maintenance and decisions of all the exterior and common areas, being looked after or decided on by the Strata?
- How do You feel about having to give up some of your Privacy, by way of the closer proximity to Neighbours, and annual Fire Inspections by others into your home?
- As many Strata Developments have restrictions, limitations and or requirements, are you ready to make changes to your lifestyle?
- How comfortable are you with increased security and as such supervision?
- How do you feel about rental restrictions, (or lack there-of), age restrictions etc?
- Are you prepared to accept the Financial responsibility (both Good and Bad) that comes with being partially responsible for the long term well-being of the development?
- As many communities big and small tend to take on a cultural and political nature, are you prepared for that lifestyle adjustment?
- Are you ready to live in a smaller home? As most strata home are likely smaller than the overal space that you live in now, this adjustment is often not only practical but also emotional as it may require to adjust the number of treasures that move with you.
- Are you ready for a change of the community to which you have been accustomed and lived in for many years?
These are some of the most common questions and experiences that are worth consierding if and when you plan a lifestyle change to living in a Condominium / Strata community in Greater Victoria BC.
Please let us assist you and ensure that your plans and dreams are accomplished as close as possible to your expectations.
Planning to buy, sell, upgrade, downsize, invest in real estate or relocate to Greater Victoria, and need information about your present or new area of choice?....... No Problem.
Peter and Linda Pfann now offer a FREE Pfanntastic Internet Service, keeping you informed about Greater Victoria Market Activity, includingnew listings, current and recent sales, price adjustments, statistics, graphs and a variety of additional handy real estate tools for your benefit. This absolutely Free no hassle service is completely customized to your specific requirements.
We call it Victoria Market Snapshot, and this amazing little tool will ask you a few questions, and provides you with an updated snapshot of the property type(s), location (s) and real estate market activity as per your requirements.
The Pfanntastic Victoria Market Snapshot Service is Free, The Information is Invaluable, Request Your Victoria Market Snap Shot Right Now!