I enjoyed reading this one. I thought I would reblog and repost it here in my blog so others could also enjoy reading this posting. So many realtors do hide in their office!
Shhhhh, don't bother me...I'm hibernating -
Top 10 ways to keep your phone quiet.
10. Hide in your office – do not, I repeat, do not get out in public and talk to people…they might be mean.
9. Stay undercover – what ever you do, don’t wear your name badge or let people know what you do…it’s tacky.
8. Stay off the phone – make sure that you don’t take a few minutes each day to keep in touch with friends and past clients…no one likes to hear from old friends, they are way to busy to be bothered by your holiday cheer.
7. Stay off Facebook – if you use Facebook make sure that you just use it just to lurk, don’t engage your friends and family…they might actually reply back to you.
6. If you must engage on Facebook – make sure that all you ever talk about is business, don’t get personal or show people that you are human…the pushy salesperson approach works really well with folks today.
5. Don’t follow up with potential leads – if you get a call from someone inquiring about a house for sale or for rent make sure that you ignore the call…lets be honest, we all know most of these people are just tire kickers, right?
4. Take the next few weeks off – since it is the holiday season, most people aren’t out buying houses so you might as well just sleep in and spend the next few weeks relaxing…There’s really no work to do this time of year.
3. Planning is for losers – there is really no need to plan for success I mean come on, the economy is improving. Don’t use the end of this year as an excuse to look at what you did last year and create a plan for next year…just wing it!
2. Stay closed minded when it comes to new ways of doing things – Don’t try to find new creative ways to generate leads…stick with the same ol’ same ol’, no reason to go changing with the times.
1. Always sound rushed, grumpy and stressed out – no matter who you talk to make sure you complain, gripe and moan about the season, the market, the weather and anything else you can think of that might be complain worthy…misery loves company.
If you just follow these simple rules your phone is sure to stay quiet during this holiday season and throughout the year.
If, on the other hand, you prefer to stay busy and productive then I would suggest doing the exact opposite of these helpful tips!
Jeanna Martinez license #538288
Helping buyers and sellers in San Antonio and the surrounding areas!!
Texas Law requires all real estate licensees to give the following information about brokerage services: http://www.trec.state.tx.us/pdf/contracts/OP-K.pd