While it is not always obvious that you need to make your next home improvement project to replace windows, there are some signs that undeniably clue you in that it is time for new ones. If you notice any of the following with your existing windows, it is time to replace them.
1. Condensation or frost buildup.
2. The interior pane is cold in the winter or warm in the summer when you touch it.
3. Perform the candle test around frame edges. If the candle flickers, you have a draft.
4. Check to see if it is colder next to your window than the rest of the house.
5. The outside of the windows have rotting, cracked or missing trim.
6. Broken or cracked glass.
If you notice any of these things with your existing windows, it is probably wise to replace them. Ultimately, this depends on your budget, but ensuring your windows do what they are supposed to results in a more energy-efficient home that saves you money in the long run.