Traveling to Stowe VT and you need Gluten-Free Dining recommendations? Stowetopia offers our list of the Best of Stowe VT™ Gluten-Free Food and Dining for the whole family
Gluten-Free in Stowe VT
....sounds like a jingle, but, let us assure you, Gluten-Free travel
is possible for your entire family here in Stowe, Vermont. The staff at Stowetopia understands GF because several of our team members are Gluten-Free and we own a Gluten Free Inn in Stowe. Who better to help you find the best "no fear" food and dining spots?
This is our 2011 Best of Stowe VT™ Gluten-Free Food and Dining Guide
A few notes:
Just like our 2011 Best of Stowe VT™ Dining Guide,
we selected these food and dining locations based on a combination of personal experience and Stowe Meadows Lodge guest feedback. Restaurants that advertised "gluten free" items on their menus, but whose staff didn't understand GF (ex. they brought the salad complete with croutons), did not make our list. We feel that a top-rated GF business should have staff and chefs who truly understand issues like cross-contamination. We visited each of our recommended locations multiple times and never had a negative reaction.
Looking for the Best Gluten-Free Lodging in Stowe Vermont?
2011 Best of Stowe VT™ - Gluten-Free Dining and Food Winners
Ben & Jerry's Factory and Scoop Shop
- 1281 Waterbury-Stowe Road, Route 100, Waterbury, VT 802-882-1240 Fun for the whole family and several GF ice-cream options. So you have to skip the waffle cone and get that delicious Vermont-made ice-cream in a cup. Big deal. The tour is fun and the ice-cream is yummy.
Blue Moon Cafe
- 35 School Street - Stowe Village, VT 802.253.7006 Great Stowe Village location and consistently terrific food. Casual dining with an upscale flare, fun spot for couples and groups of adults. They absolutely understand GF.
Cabot Creamery Annex
- 2657 Waterbury-Stowe Road, Route 100, Stowe, VT 802-244-6334
Delicious! Cheese, there can never be too much cheese. Check out the Cabot Annex for great samples and a full selection of cheeses you can't readily find in your local grocery store.
Harrison's Restaurant and Bar - 25 Main Street - Stowe, VT 802-253-7773
See our full review of this terrific casual dining spot in Stowe Village. Terrific for singles, families, couples or groups. A broad selection of GF items.
Hen Of The Wood
- 92 Stowe Street - Waterbury, VT 802-244-7300
Year after year, one of the absolute best dining experiences in the Stowe area. See our full review
of this amazing fine dining spot in Waterbury that is also part of the Vermont Fresh Network
The Kitchen Table Bistro
- 1840 West Main Street - Richmond, VT 802-434-8686
Just a short drive North on I-89 to Exit #11 and you'll find this amazing chef-owned jewel of fine dining. Also a member of the Vermont Fresh Network
, the Kitchen Table team sources their menu items from local farmers.
Lake Champlain Chocolates
- Stowe-Waterbury Road, Stowe, VT 802-264-2173
A Vermont chocolate institution for over 25 years, their factory store is on Route 100 North. A store with "factory seconds", what could possibly be considered a "second" when it comes to chocolates? There are daily factory tours
at the headquarters location in Burlington.
Laughing Moon Chocolates
- South Main Street - Stowe Village - Stowe, VT 802-253-9591 Simply wonderful hand-crafted chocolates. A large selection of heavenly truffles and other fun indulgences. The staff can easily guide you to GF options....and don't miss the 2:00pm truffle-making demo. Part of the Vermont Fresh Network
, this is a must stop in Stowe.
Michael's On The Hill
- 4182 Waterbury- Route 100 - Waterbury Center, VT 802-244-7476
Most visitors to Stowe see Michael's as they drive into Stowe on Route 100. Another chef-owned farm-to-table restaurant, Micheal's delivers a European-influenced menu that won't disappoint. A member of the Vermont Fresh Network
Pie-casso Pizzeria and Lounge 1899 Mountain Road - Stowe, VT 802-253-4411 Offering Gluten-Free pizza crusts and entrees with GF pasta, Piecasso is a sure win for the entire family. Great reviews on the pizza from all ages. A member of the Vermont Fresh Network