The Healthy Realtor: Fast and Easy Changes for a Healthy 2012
Want to try and eat a little healthier this year, but looking for some quick and easy tips that you can implement into your life without too much drama?
Then here ya go!
2012 is the year of health: both physically and mentally. In our whirlwinding economy and your efforts to churn and burn to stay ahead, sometimes you need to stop for a moment and take care of the body so that you can stay on track toward your goals.
I'll be posting a series of blogs from "Ralph The Healthy Realtor", and we can go on this journey together. I care very much about my family, my friends and business associates and want to see you all healthy, happy, and living the most fulfilling, productive lives you possibly can.
And since time is not a plentiful commodity for most, here are some small, quick thing you can do to live "Hot Spot" Healthy:
- use extra onions and garlic when recipes call for them as a base
- use extra virgin olive oil instead of cheap cooking oil
- steam vegetables for a short time, instead of a longer time
- put extra herbs on your salads
- eat fresh raw nuts instead of chips or salted peanuts
- put smaller portions on your plate
- grind the salt cellar only once instead of several times
- drink a smaller glass of wine instead of two or more large ones
- use raw honey instead of sugar as a sweetener
- fill your plate with more vegetables and less carbs and protein
- sit and rest for five to ten minutes after eating, instead of getting up immediately
- eat slowly and chew your food thoroughly
- have small amounts of quality dark chocolate, instead of large amounts of cheap chocolate or candy
- allow yourself your chosen “poison” (e.g., donuts, cappuccino, ice cream) from time to time so you don't feel deprived, but eat healthily most of the time
THIS IS YOUR LIFE........................Make It Beautiful