WHAT DO YOU DO THAT SETS YOU APART FROM THE OTHERS IN YOUR FIELD?
It is a simple question that some have a hard time answering. If you want to succeed, really succeed, you have to have a plan in place to do it. Setting yourself apart, even if it by simple things, will give you an edge in any market.
When I go on a listing appointment I always leave the seller with a list of things that I will do for them that others do not take the time to do. Again, these are very simple things, but most people don't take the time to do them. Or agents do them, but don't make there clients aware of what they actually do. That is probably info for another blog, but you always need to tell clients what you are doing for them. It makes them feel more involved and included in the process.
My list is 10 things I do that others overlook. Yes my own Top Ten List
Ready, Set, Here Goes...
1. I give you feedback (I get lots of expired listings b/c the other agents did not)
2. I return phone calls promptly (Most do not)
3. I mail out flyers throughout the neighborhood (The majority of agents just put listing in the MLS)
4. I put lots of pictures in the MLS (check out my blog on pics)
5. I change the advertisement regularly so the paper does not get stale (how many of you have seen the same advertisement for months on end?)
6. I leave a company voice mail that immediately lets 120 of my co-agents know about your home. (nice feature)
7. I make sure people can see the sign in the yard (great advice from David Matney in his blog on Yard Signs)
8. I let you know of the competition in your neighborhood and keep you updated on there prices and activity.
10. I am a full time Realtor and this is my career.
Simple but effective. Let your clients know what you do for them and most importantly, DO IT!
Todd Jones Realtor - Selling Scranton, Clarks Summit Real Estate