Well now, here are a few things to possibly look forward to during your beach time in friendly "Sunny So. Cal."
Increased fines and restriction are to be enforced this Summer on the Los Angeles County beaches. The LA official's reasoning is that during the peak season this ordinance will protect people and property on and near the beach. This ammended ordinace was recently approved by the Board of Supervisors and here are a few of the highlights:
- Beach goers are prohibited “to cast, toss, throw, kick or roll” any object “upon or over any beach” between Memorial Day and Labor Day (but during the off-season the new rules will be relaxed)
- Beach Ball or Volleyballs are permitted
- Beach goes and their children are prohibited digging any hole deeper than 18 inches.
- 1st Time Offender - $100 fine
- 2nd Offense - $200 fine
- 3rd or more (within one year) Infractions - $500 fine
I guess I better paint my football white and call it Wilson so I don't get in trouble this year...