It's one of those things we know but don't think about.
Privacy and the Internet do not go together.
However, this is a new twist, and you may do well to make these changes in the interest of privacy.
I don't want to panic you, BUT . . .
We search on the internet all day, every day, for information. Houses, illnesses, people, events, books . . . you name, we search for it.
But have you ever searched for something on Google that you wouldn't want the WHOLE WIDE WORLD (or the WWW) to know about?
So if you want to clear out your web history and keep Google from keeping PUBLIC record of where you search, here are some simple steps to help you out:
- Go to your Web History and enter your password if prompted to do so.
- If your web history is ON, the list of sites that you have visited that have been recorded by Google will be displayed.
- Click on the "Remove All Web History" button.
- They will ask you (because you really don't mean it, right?) if you are ". . . sure you want to clear your entire web history? Your web history will also be paused." Oh, yes, YOU'RE SURE.
- You should then see "Your search history is currently empty" and that your "Web History is paused" STAY AWAY FROM THE RESUME BUTTON. LEAVE IT PAUSED.
- You are now done.
Don't be misled. Google will still be tracking you, and this is not about just clearing your history. But they will not be able to make that information public on their forums, and they can only release it to law enforcement officials in an investigation if you follow the simple steps above. I suggest that you don't Bookmark this and wait for a future time, but that you do it right now (it will take about one minute). Now all of your friends won't find out that you were searching for Painted Ladies, when you were actually looking up Victorian Homes. WHEW . . . and you're welcome :)
(Don't forget you can hit the "END" button on your keyboard to get to the end of the comments, and the "HOME" button to get back to the top. And be sure to hit the "SUBSCRIBE" button on the way by :)) )
I don't want to panic you, BUT . . . was written by Mimi Foster* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
If you enjoyed reading this post,
CLICK ON THE HOUSE to
SUBSCRIBE to Mimi's Musings
If you are not completely satisfied
you may unsubscribe at any time
and get double your money back!* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
If you would like to search for Homes for Sale in Colorado Springs,
or for any of your other real estate needs,
please contact your Colorado Springs RealtorSelling homes throughout Colorado Springs, Old Colorado City,Manitou Springs and surrounding areas with aSpecialty in Victorian and Vintage Homes in
Downtown Colorado Springs