The sign is up, lockbox in place and the Internet is all a buzz with information on your property. Your Realtor is off to a great start and your goal is one step closer to success! Below is a short list I give all of my sellers the day after their home hits the market. It is just a reminder to be proactive!
1. Don't be shy!! Tell everyone you know that your home is for sale. Tell them how badly you hate to leave it, but that life does happen. Tell them they can view professional photographs at www.YourRealtorsWebsite, Facebook, and any other sites where your home will be showcased.
2. De-clutter and De-personalize- Everyone hates this!! But it makes such a difference. If you don't use it, don't need it or don't notice it daily, pack it away. You have made the decision to move forward and taking these steps are crucial in keeping a positive attitude. Go ahead and box it up! We will sell your home, might as well start packing now.
3. Breathe- of course showings are going to happen on the worst possible day. I will go ahead and apologize for that now. Also, it is possible that you will run around like crazy getting things ready for a showing only to have a no show, or a late show. It happens. Always give a showing 30 minutes on either side of the appointment time, things happen and people do run late. If you plan for it, life is less hectic.
4. Keep Lysol or Bleach wipes at the ready- These little buggers will be a life saver. Keep a container of them in each bathroom and in the kitchen. When possible, before you leave for the day grab a wipe and give it a swipe:) It helps keep things fresh and clean. Having them at the ready will keep you from running from room to room during those short notice showings.
5. Don't forget the Thank you note- This is more important than you know. It will help prospects remember your home. After long days of showing, it is easy to get properties confused. Write a colorful thank you note and leave it in plain sight. When possible, also leave bottled water, candy or cookies. Give them a reason to feel welcomed in your home!
These are just a few helpful hints to get you through the selling process. If you partner with a professional full time Realtor, you will certainly reach your goal and do so in record time. Happy Selling!