Mortgage Process Tips For Home Buyers
Guest blog by Kathy Sheehan, Georgia Mortgage Loan Professional, MiLend, Inc.,
Mortgage loan applicants should keep in mind that during your application and documentation review period any slight change can result in a denial. Before you do ANYTHING, discuss the potential impact with your loan officer.
Regardless of the financing program, here is my list of do’s and don’ts to help eliminate hurdles as you go through the process.
1. DO NOT apply for any new credit
2. DO NOT change jobs
3. DO NOT make cash deposits into your checking account
4. DO NOT transfer funds from one account to another
5. DO NOT make any large purchases, such as furniture or appliances
6. DO NOT significantly increase the balances on credit cards
7. DO NOT schedule movers until your file is CLEAR TO CLOSE.
8. DO NOT make travel arrangements until your file is CLEAR TO CLOSE
9. DO NOT reduce or raise any credit limits on credit cards.
Here is the list of do’s
1. Immediately communicate any change of employment or income to your loan officer
2. Communicate clearly any pertinent dates, such as move out from apartments, etc.
3. Respond quickly to any requests made during the process for clarification or additional documentation
If a situation comes up, it is best to discuss it with your licensed mortgage professional before you take action!
Thanks, Kathy, for sharing this advice for our home buyer clients.
Be sure to have your camera in hand to capture the changing colors of the season when you are out and about in your community.
Longwood Gardens IMG_2452
Photograph by Roy Kelley. Canon PowerShot G11 camera.
Roy and Dolores Kelley Photographs