HARRY'S TOP FIVE WAYS TO STAY POSITIVE IN LIFE
I recently received a phone call from a woman who said she was the wife of David. I have changed the names to protect the innocent. Now, I am asking the woman on the phone to repeat herself because I was driving. She informed me that she was the wife of Jeff. She thought it was important to tell me that her husband had committed suicide. Wow, her words put a sword through my heart. Jeff was my main contractor doing the remodeling on homes purchased from investors. I never would of thought Jeff would take his own life. It was a sad day.
How many of us get depressed at times? All we hear on the media is negative news on a daily basis. Where does one get filled up with positive energy? It is not the national media. I have thrown my television into the garbage. I refuse to participate in the negative news coming across it. The real estate industry has been taking a hit across America. I have talked to several agents that are depressed and down on their luck. What does one do?
HARRY'S TOP FIVE WAYS TO STAY POSITIVE IN LIFE:
- Think Positive-You are what you think. Have positive thoughts about yourself.
- Diet-Avoid fast food restaurants. Eat right to bring energy into your body.
- Exercise-Get that body moving. Exercise is a great way to burn off fat and work off stress.
- Change Friendships-Do you have positive relationships surrounding you? If not, change the people you associate with at this time. Birds of a feather do flock together.
- Hobbies-Create other interests besides work and church. Enjoy something that you do. This will create opportunity to meet different people.
We all get depressed at different times. However, we want to avoid falling into deep depression. We have a great life. Make it happen!