I grew up as a military brat, but we never had the good fortune to be transferred to the San Diego area. Had that happened, I don't think we would have wanted to ever leave.
What can you expect here?
Your home will likely be smaller than where you have lived before, because housing costs are higher here. But once you have digested that negative, you can consider all the positives:
1. A fabulous year-round climate. Smaller home? You'll be spending more time outdoors!
2. Entertainment costs should go down. San Diego has all sorts of free attractions: Beaches, mountains, public parks and even some free outdoor concerts. There are plenty of things to do with kids in San Diego, too.
3. Food costs should also drop. Much of our produce is grown locally and the San Diego area Farmer's Markets are the greatest.
4. You will be well-located here for various activities. Snow skiing is but a couple of hours or so away. How about a train ride into Los Angeles? Or a trolley ride to the US and Mexico border? Or a whale watching trip out of the nearby Oceanside Harbor? You'll never wilt from boredom.
5. Need a second job? San Diego's economy is a robust one and unemployment rates are low. There are plenty of jobs if additional income is needed.
6. Finally, your wardrobe costs won't break the bank. Our balmy year-round climate negates the need for winter coats, furry boots and gloves. One wardrobe should serve you well throughout the year.
If you would like more information about the San Diego area, please feel free to visit San Diego Previews and explore to your heart's content. If you would like to discuss the area and your move here, please feel free to give me a call at 760-402-9101 or email: Roberta@SanDiegoPreviews.com