Boca Raton Staging FAQ’s-The Buyer Will Want Their Own Color, Why Paint?
When selling their home, one question Sellers ask during our Home Staging Consultation is “Why paint/replace the carpeting/change the light fixtures? The Buyer will want to choose their own, won’t they?”
Hear This...More and More..Buyers Want Move-In Ready Homes!
Think about this:
1. In 2010, the median age of home buyers was 39. These buyers are working hard in their careers and even if it’s a couple, both parties are usually working. Their free time as well as desire to spend their weekends working on their house is limited.
2. We have evolved into a “Got to have it now”/Twitter/24 hour cable news society. Buyers want a home that they can move into immediately; not one where they will have to move into and endure months of painting or having new flooring installed.
3. The recent economy has made it hard on everyone. Buyers may not have the extra funds to pour into home projects. Even if they are “DIY” owners, many projects still can take extra funds.
4. Many Buyers are reluctant to make a large investment in their homes fearful that they might not see the large returns on their investment as they might have in the past.
Even investors with deep pockets must either get a property that requires little in the way of fixing up and updating or buy it at a price that reflects the condition of the house.
5. The Hassle-even if there is a carpet allowance, having to delay their move to their new home until the carpet is installed (or the new roof is put on) could present a problem and expense, especially if the buyer schedules the closing on his house to be on the same day as the closing on his new house.
6. Often buyers would rather move into a home with new carpet updated light fixtures or paint that while it may not be what they would choose, allows them to comfortably live in their new home until they are ready to make their own changes.
7. Even with some markets picking up, buyers still need to fall in love with the property. Buying a home has always been the single most important (and expensive) purchase they will make. Now, even more, they want to feel good about what they’re buying.
If you plan to sell your home hire a Realtor who is the local expert and will know what your targeted buyers want. Then invest in a Home Staging Consultation to get a plan for preparing your home for your potential buyers.