C.A.R. warns all consumers that are hiring someone in California to assist them in buying or selling real estate to make sure they are a Realtor® and not just a real estate agent. Inquiring consumers can log on to the Dept. of Real Estate and check the name to make sure their agent is actively licensed. C.A.R. is currently running television and radio ads emphasizing that consumers have a choice when selecting an agent to represent them, which REALTORS® subscribe to a strict code of ethics, and that consumers are more likely to get results when working with a REALTOR®.
Be suspicious if an agent agrees to list your home and take a commission below 6 Percent (3 and 3). Most Realtors® are full service agents and do charge a higher commission. There is a good reason for this. Realtors® will market your home fast and get you the best price possible. You the consumer are paying for their Experience, Knowledge on Marketing, Continuing Education, Money out of pocket Expenses, Weekly Open Houses and the added bonus of knowing they will do everything to make sure the transaction goes smoothly and without any future Lawsuits.
Do you want an agent who agrees to list your home for under 6 percent (3 and 3)? You think you are saving money but are you really? Make sure you get a marketing plan in writing on what the agent is going to do. Are they going to take the listing, put the house in MLS and then walk away looking for new listings. Will you home sit on the market until the contract lapses without anyone even coming to look? During this time, you have paid monthly expenses(taxes, utilities, insurance, house payments, upkeep repairs) and here your house sits. And maybe you found a new house to move to or you are getting a divorce or moving out of state for a new job? Are you behind in payments and are hoping for a quick sale to keep from going into FORECLOSURE? Have you really saved any money or have you just be inconvenienced and now you must hire a Realtor® who is a full service agent and you will now gladly pay the 6 Percent commission? So why go through all this heartache and make sure you hire the best the first time around. The old adage is corny but true “You Get What You Pay For".
There are many things a full service agent does:
- Open Houses on a Weekly basis.
- Running special advertising in local newspapers and real estate magazines.
- Door to Door advertising.
- Follow-up calls on all perspective buyers and their agents.
- Holding local Caravans to your property. This is where most of the agents from their office come and preview the home as they may have the perfect buyer in their files.
- Weekly follow-up calls to the sellers.
- Making color flyers advertising your home and making sure the flyer box stays full.
- Updates the MLS site to attract more buyers.
- Sending out additional marketing on your home i.e...Postcards, letters, web sites, newsletters.
- Continuing education on all the updates (weekly changes).This is probably the most important reason to hire a Realtor®.
- Most full service Realtors® work for well-known reputable companies.
Make Sure you hire a Realtor®
I sell real estate in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties; Redlands, Loma Linda, Highland, Colton, Yucaipa, San Bernardino and other cites too. I am a trained and experienced Short Sale agent. If you are looking for a professional and experienced agent, I am just a click away. Google me at Kristin Hamilton-Real Estate Agent. Homeowners and Buyers both will find my services top notch and successful. Call me to sell your home.
I am waiting for your call! 909-557-6966. Google me at Kristin Hamilton.
My name is Kristin Hamilton and I sell Real Estate. Call me for all your real estate needs.
This post was authored and or picture was taken by Kristin Hamilton. ©2012, All Rights Reserved, This content may not be reproduced or reprinted (Except for ActiveRain Re-blogging) without express written permission of Kristin Hamilton, Keller Williams Realty, Redlands, CA.