Yesterday I lit up the Blogsphere with a blog titled HEY Short Sale Seller - GET OUT!!!! of our new home... It lit up my inbox with emails from Home Sellers asking for help. This time the overwelming question is WHAT IS THE RIGHT WAY TO GET MY HOME SOLD THROUGH A SHORT SALE. So many write that they read the warnings from other sellers but still just do not understand. Most Home owners saw a flashy ad on TV and rushed into listing becuase they thought bigger was better. I am sorry to report everything you see on TV is not always real.
If you owe more than your house is worth, if you are behind in your payments or if you have to move. A Short Sale could be for you. The most important tips are below:
2. List your Home with a LOCAL agent who is well experienced in your area.
3. Experience with short sales is more important than flashy TV or Newspaper ads. Choose an agnet who not only specilaizes in List Short Sales, but who will guide you through the process and get your sale approved and sold.
4. You should not be the Trial and error part of the learning curve where a new agent gets their experience in the world of short sales at your expense.
1. The seller needs to start by choosing an agent to list with who is local, full time and well experienced with listing, negotiating and selling short sales.
2. Ask that agent if they assist you through EACH step of the SHort Sale process. You see... a well experienced agent will educate the seller and inform them through each step of the short sale.
PRICING YOUR HOME: The next most important part of the Short Sale is to have your Listing Agent price the home at or just below market value. Those homes that are priced much too low often doom the Short Sale before it begins.
WHAT TO AVOID AS THE SELLER OF A SHORT SALE:
1. Avoid "Out of town" Agents or "Out of State" companies
2. Do not choose an agent who is inexperienced with short sales. You should not be the Trial and error part of the learning curve where a new agent gets their experience in the world of short sales at your expense.
3. Know what is the TRUTH and what is a MYTH
a. The bank is not the seller in a short sale - the home owner is the seller.
b. The listing agent works for the home owner - not the bank.
c. The bank does not set a list price - the listing agent does.
d. The home owner accepts the offer - their bank must then approve the sale
IN CONCLUSION If you owe more than your house is worth, if you are behind in your payments or if you have to move. A Short Sale could be for you. The most important tips is to list with an agent who is well experienced in listing, negotiating and selling Short Sales. If you live in NH, call me first. I use a professional negotiator that works on the sellers behalf when negiotiating with the bank at no cost to you. Most often the home owner can complete a short sale at no cost to them.
It does not take magic to turn your "For Sale" sign into a "Sold" sign. it takes a full time Local Agent who specializes in Listing homes like yours.
If you need to sell your home and you owe more than your house is worth, i may be able to help. I specialize in working with home owners to get your home sold. There are many options such as a short sale whcih may be able to help you.
Please try and avoid out of state or out of town agents and companies that make "out of this world promises". We are local agents with experience who never charge any up front fees. WE GET RESULTS!!!
We stand by you through every step in selling your home.
PLEASE SEE MY "TOP" TIPS FOR BUYING A HOME
PLEASE SEE MY "TOP" TIPS FOR SELLING A HOME
ONE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE'S LEADING AGENTS FOR SHORT SALES AND BANK OWNED HOMES...
If you are Looking for a Real Estate Agent you have come to the right place. Scott Godzyk is a Full Time and Local agent ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs through each step of the buying or selling process. We are proud to be locally owned and operated.
If you owe more than your house is worth, If you are behind in your payments, I may be able to help. Call me to find out how you may be able to sell your home at no additional cost to you.
Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of The Godzyk Real Estate Services located in Manchester NH. With 25 years of Real Estate experience Scott specializes in Listing and Selling Bank Owned Homes, Short Ssles, Residential Properties, Condominiums, New Construction and Investment Properties. Scott services the counties of Hillsborough, Merrimack, Rockingham and Belknap. To contact Scott Godzyk please call 603-661-2121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. his website is www.ScottSellsNH.com.