Whether you’re actively looking to buy your first house, a vacation property, or just passively looking or dreaming about either of the two, chances are that you’re aware of all the amazing apps out there that put the real estate marketplace at your fingertips, literally.
There are many useful, easy to use, and well organized apps available these days, but how do you decide which app is worth your time?? We've narrowed it down to a few remarkable apps that we think are download-worthy and beneficial for those looking for their future home!
THE BEST APPS FOR HOUSE HUNTERS, HOME BUYERS, & SOON-TO-BE HOMEOWNERS:
Dictionary of Real Estate Terms
- This dictionary breaks down 3,000 real estate terms to to understand all the terminology and jargon used in the real estate world. The definitions are very clear and often accompanied by user-friendly charts and graph.
- The free App has more listings than any other app out there, over 3 million homes listed. Access the same listings on the Realtor app as you would on Realtor.com whether your searching for homes on the go, or find an open house nearby using the GPS based search. Search specifically for properties that are relevant to you- you can sort, filter and refine your search to only show homes that fit your needs. Moreover, it is simple to remember which homes you have seen, like and dislike when you rate homes and create notes right on the listing.
- This free app lets you see listings and the estimated worth of any home (not only the houses on the market) as well as rental-rate estimates.
- If you’re looking to move to a new city, this app is for you- the app lists statistics on several violent crimes and property crimes for cities nationwide, using FBI data. The app also lets you compare those stats to the national average and to other cities.
- Want to know what amenities the neighborhood has to offer? This free app tells you the distances to key spots such as banks, coffee shops and post offices based on your location
- Great app if you are looking to buy a fixer-upper or a home that needs some work done. This app lets you take pictures of, say, a room and then save your measurements of the room's dimensions on the photos. You can take photos during your walk-throughs of an appealing house, note the dimensions of walls and doors and cabinets, then plan your space and refer to the measurements later
- Search for foreclosure listings in your target area right from the palm of your hand. Easy customizable options allow users to filter-out any properties that do not meet their needs.
Home Buying Power
- Great app for home shoppers who are wondering what they can afford or looking for an easy way to calculate mortgage payments on different properties. Input variables (ie. your desired monthly payment or a percentage of your income, the amount of down payment and the loan terms) and this app calculates the exact house amount you can afford. Also included within the app: closing cost estimator and an amortization table for your loan.