Sandwich’s Residential listing data reflects an increase in market inventory by 60 when compared to last year’s 2nd quarter stats. There are currently twenty-nine residential homes available for purchase in Sandwich, two offer water frontage and/or water access along with one commercial property. 2nd quarter sales volume reports a 150% increase over last year, however the average sales price has decreased by 33.5%. Pending sales reflect a measurable increase over last year’s activity by 75%. It’s good to keep in mind, Sandwich is a small community that is highly sought after with limited listings and market activity; considered to be typical and common for the local market place. Today’s sellers are willing to make a deal but potential buyers are slow in coming to the table.
2nd Quarter 2012 Residential Markets
- 32 New Listings… up 60%
- 7 Pending Sales…up 75%
- 10 Residential Homes resulted in a successful close…up 150%
- Average Price Sold Homes…$290,000., down 30.53%
- Average DOM (Days on the Market) 134…increased by 34 days or 33.5%
- Lowest Sales Price…13 Maple Ridge Road, Sandwich $65,000.
- Highest Sales Price…Bennett Street, Sandwich $825,000.
Sandwich’s Vacant Land listing data reflects an increase in market inventory by 80% or four units when compared to last year’s 2nd quarter stats. There are currently nineteen vacant land parcels available for purchase in Sandwich. 2nd quarter sales volume reports a drop of 33.3% over last year’s YTD, with a total of two counted sales. Pending sales have also dropped with only one unit currently under contract.
2nd Quarter 2012 Vacant Land Market
- 9 New Listings… up 80%
- 1 Pending Sales…down 66.6%
- 2 Vacant parcels resulted in a successful close…down 33.3%
- Average Price for Parcels…$118,000…down 22.49%
- Average DOM (Days on the Market) 17…down 251 days or 93.66%
- Lowest Land Sale… TBD Diamond Ledge Road, Sandwich $75,000 | 10.1 acres
- Highest Land Sale…TBD Upper Road, Sandwich $161,000. | 15.1 acres
Based on information from the Northern New England Real Estate Network, Inc. for the period of January 1st through June 30, 2011 & January 1st through June 30th, 2012.
Contributed by Kathleen M. Kizer, ABR, GRI, ePRO, REALTOR, Broker Associate, Costantino Real Estate, LLC | Certified Residential Appraiser, NHCR-616 | Wolfeboro Appraisal Services “Your Lakes Region Professional”
For further inquiries or questions please e-mail to Kathleen@LakesRegionBroker.com. Call direct at 603-539-3200, ext. 208 or 603-707-2753.