- Independence Day in Aggieland came a few days before the rest of the nation: the Aggies celebrated it on July 1st of this year.
- July 1st marked the date that A&M officially entered the Southeastern Conference.
- Hundreds gathered outside of Kyle Field to commemorate the occasion, including President Bowin Loftin and Head Football Coach Sumlin.
- Several attendees were quoted expressing their enthusiasm for entering the SEC, claiming they are to become a part of an elite conference.
- President Loftin also expressed his relief and excitement in a quote with Fox reporters, claiming it feels nice “to be home.”
- The Southeastern Conference is arguably the most competitive athletic conference in the nation, and the Aggies’ history with teams in the SEC is not exactly promising.
- Throughout the years, especially recent years, the Aggies have a losing record against all SEC schools.
- However, there is promise in A&M’s past performance against some of the higher ranked universities.
- Regardless, the Aggies still show excitement about their entrance into the SEC.
- Though whether or not this will become a new A&M tradition, it is too early to tell: That will most likely depend upon their performance in the elite conference for the upcoming years.
This entry hasn't been re-blogged:
Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
- Topic: ActiveRain Community
Find what you need?
See More Blog PostsAbout Real Estate! SEE MORE NOW!