Should SARCASM be used when writing a BLOG? If you want to find an easy answer, then include it in your blog and wait for the comments to flood in. I learned this lesson on Saturday when I wrote a blog to tell the story of a Buyer Broker who blasted me becuase the Seller who was a Bank did not accept HER Buyers offer becuase SHE added some "SMALL contingencies." to a cash offer when the property was a cash only, as is, no contiongency type of sale.
With sarcasm in hand I thought it a GREAT IDEA to use her spelling in my TITLE and through out the blog to make a point. The email also contained many words spelled out as we were using phonics such as small was spelled "samall".
My point would not have been as strong if I corrected the spelling errors and gave you an edited version. It was much more effective writing it AS IS using her type of phonics.
What is the problem you are wondering?
1. The first problem is some readers do not read the whole blog. The read a title and perhaps the first pargraph?
2. The second problem may be that I needed a larger disclaimer or disclosure that this "BLOG CONTAINS SARCASM" and written in the same phonics as was sent to me to complain that their offer did not get accepted because they used "contingincies" (get it) in their offer.
3. When you write a blog be available to comment immediately. I published it in the early morning hours before heading to my Daughters Softball Allstar Tournament in an area without phone service or internet to read and reply to said comments. Getting home late at night allowed the disease of complete rudeness to spread like Poison Ivy.
4. Be prepared for the worst of people to come out leaving NASTY comments and Emails becuase they do not understand sarcasm.
What was i to do... As I made the disclosure BIGGER, I still was receiving spelling lessons so I decided it was just easier to re-write the words that made MRS. BUYER AGENTS email as popular as it was, which changed the tone of my blog.
The moral of the story is when you write a blog, and you decide to include sarcasm, it is alot like texting as people can not see the smile or smirk on your face as you type it. They may not know it is a joke. It is not a given they will read down to the disclaimer "This blog is written in the same phonics as the Buyer agent sent me so they can understand why you do not place contingencies, no matter how small in offers for Bank owned Homes.
So THANK YOU spelling teachers and Bullies for your 2 cents. Before you leave a taunting comment go to Wiki, where Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter jibe or taunt", usually conveyed through irony or understatement. Most authorities distinguish sarcasm from irony; however, others argue that sarcasm may or often does involve irony or employs ambivalence. Sarcasm may be appropriate or inappropriate, though this is generally a function of one's point of view.
Well now that my blogging lesson is complete, I will get back to do what I do best. SELLING HOMES....
Please call for a FREE MARKET ANALYSIS to let you know what the value of your home is.
If you need to sell your home and you owe more than your house is worth, i may be able to help. I specialize in working with home owners to get your home sold. There are many options such as a short sale whcih may be able to help you.
Please try and avoid out of state or out of town agents and companies that make "out of this world promises". We are local agents with experience who never charge any up front fees. WE GET RESULTS!!!
We stand by you through every step in selling your home.
PLEASE SEE MY "SPOT LIGHT" Series for differnt neighborhoods in NH
1. Spotlight on FOX HOLLOW CONDOMINIUMS in Manchester NH
2. Spotlight on ROSECLIFF in Manchester NH
3. Spotlight on ROSEGATE FARM in Manchester NH
4. Spotlight on NEWTONS MEADOW Condominiums in Manchester NH
5. Spotlight on EAST MEADOW Condominiums in Manchester NH
6. Spotlight on SunView Condominiums in Derry NH
7. Spotlight on the Trolley Crossing Neighborhood in MANCHESTER NH
8. Spotlight for STONE TERRACE CONDOMINIUMS in Manchester NH
PLEASE SEE MY "TOP" TIPS FOR BUYING A HOME
PLEASE SEE MY "TOP" TIPS FOR SELLING A HOME
ONE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE'S LEADING AGENTS FOR SHORT SALES AND BANK OWNED HOMES...
If you are Looking for a Real Estate Agent you have come to the right place. Scott Godzyk is a Full Time and Local agent ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs through each step of the buying or selling process. We are proud to be locally owned and operated.
If you owe more than your house is worth, If you are behind in your payments, I may be able to help. Call me to find out how you may be able to sell your home at no additional cost to you.
Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of The Godzyk Real Estate Services located in Manchester NH. With 25 years of Real Estate experience Scott specializes in Listing and Selling Bank Owned Homes, Short Ssles, Residential Properties, Condominiums, New Construction and Investment Properties. Scott services the counties of Hillsborough, Merrimack, Rockingham and Belknap. To contact Scott Godzyk please call 603-661-2121 or email email@example.com. his website is www.ScottSellsNH.com.