No one plans for an essential household item, like a refrigerator or an air conditioning unit, to die. That kind of emergency doesn’t happen often. But when it does, it means writing a big check for a high-priced item.
It’s always good to plan ahead in case this situation does arise. There are seasonal sales year-round to find the best deals on the biggest purchases.
Here are some ideas of when to look for essential household items:
1. July/August is the time to buy indoor furniture and computers
2. September/October are prime months for air conditioning units and cars
3. November/December offer the best deals for TVs and small electronics
4. January/February have deals on exercise equipment and linens and bedding
5. March/April lower prices on lawn mowers and cookware
6. May/June have the best deals on camping gear and camcorders
To find out what other deals to find in each season, read the full post here.
Ilyce Glink is the author of several books, including 100 Questions Every First-Time Home Buyer Should Ask and Buy, Close, Move In!. She blogs about money and real estate at ThinkGlink.com, The Equifax Personal Finance Blogand CBS Moneywatch She is Chief Content Strategist at RealtyJoin.com, a community for real estate investors.