1.”How are you going to market my home to the motivated and available buyers”?
There are a few key elements that are going to convert “For Sale” into “SOLD”. In this aggressive market, it’s all or nothing. An agent that is focused and thorough with a bottom line has an agenda to get your home sold in the least amount of time for potentially the most money, is doing all of the following:
-Putting forth a marketing plan along with…
-a timely plan of action that…
-responds to the current buying activity of your micro-local area
2. “How often will we communicate”?
As with any relationship, communication is the key. Do it early, do it often. Whatever questions/concerns you have as a seller, an agent will want their concerns answered and acknowledged as well. In any relationship, closed mouths don’t get fed. Where both the listing agent and the seller are great communicators, there will be a satisfactory return on investment both literally and figuratively. As a timeframe for follow-up is offered, the agent equally expects the seller to reach out in all possible means to give their communication on the goings on with their home when the agent isn’t at the property. Giving the listing agent the maximum opportunity to act in any situation that may affect the sale of the property (to get a positive outcome for all involved) continues to put the seller in the driver’s seat where factors such as price, condition or access stand to be affected. If an agent isn’t communicating with you at the rate of at least every 5-7 days, don’t be afraid to be proactive and question them in their activity on the marketing of your home.
3. “Will you be able to maximize my profit/return”?
No question that there are homes right now getting multiple offers! Quite a few are in fact getting offers above asking price! An agent who knows how to operate the ‘AMA’ (Attraction, Marketing, and Action), is an agent who is willing to not only put your best interests first by making way for the right offer to come your way, but also, making the right suggestions for you to secure the buyer that comes with the best offer so that they won’t need to look elsewhere!
- Attraction: home is neutralized and minimized of large items and clutter
- Marketing: Time, effort, and money need to be spent in the areas where there will be maximum exposure, to the buyers of your price point
- Action: During the listing period, trends may take a slight change, prices can possibly be affected by different activity micro-locally, so long as the actions of the listing agent are the right response to what the market is speaking (and legal), your home will stay competitive in the market