“Clutter Free is the Way to be!”
If you typically like to hoard things, you might not like this post. It’s okay, back in my younger years I kept everything that had value and back then, ‘everything’ had value. Clutter can be a ‘make or break’ situation, and by packing a few things up and putting them out of sight…it does wonders. While de-cluttering is a must when trying to spruce up your Baton Rouge home, there are few other things to keep in mind when selling it.
1. Curb Appeal: The first thing that prospects are going to see is the front of your home. You are going to want to make the curb appeal pop! The grass should always be cut, bushes clipped, the flower bed needs to be in order and you might even want to consider pressure washing the house.
2. Consider Painting: Imagine what a little paint and TLC would do? There’s nothing like walking into a freshly, painted home. It almost gives it that ‘new’ smell which gives the impression that the home might be newer than it actually is. Also, it gives you a chance to cover up all of the scuffs, dents and little handprints throughout the home.
3. Clean & Clean Again: Clean as if your parents were coming over for a visit, or better yet…your spouse’s parents. You want to make sure everything is spotless and shiny! No prospect is going to be excited about a dirty home for sale. Clean it like you’ve never cleaned it before and if you have some extra cash, get a cleaning service to come over to do the dirty work.
4. Carpet & Flooring: Do a floor check. How does the carpet look? Think about hiring someone to come in to treat and steam clean the carpet. This is a must especially if you have pets.
5. Hire a Stager: If you are having trouble figuring out where to put what, think about hiring a professional stager. Stagers will give your home the final touch it needs.