When conducting a search for homes in Silver Spring, MD, it’s easy to get caught up in the experience. Walking into each home feels like a brand new adventure, some more positive than others. But once the glimmer from granite countertops and stainless steel appliances fades, buyers are faced with the less fun task of a home inspection.
A home inspection is one of the most important parts of the home buying process. It goes beyond the beige walls and into the bones of the home. For this reason, hiring a reputable and knowledgeable home inspector is extremely important. If you’re not sure how to go about doing this, here are some questions to ask about any home inspector you are thinking of hiring:
- Is he/she licensed and/or certified?
- Is he/she associated with a professional inspection organization, such as the National Institute of Building Inspectors or the American Society of Home Inspectors?
- How is his/her reputation with other Realtors?
- Does he/she have any testimonials from clients?
- Does he/she have any complaints with their licensing board, better business bureau, etc?
- Is he/she insured?
- Does he/she offer a guarantee?
- Does he/she provide a typed report with images?
Make sure you attend the home inspection with your Silver Spring, MD Realtor, and don’t be afraid to ask questions. The purpose of a home inspection is not only to find issues throughout the home – it is also an educational opportunity for you, the buyer. Make sure you completely understand what you are purchasing. After all, buying a home is the largest investment most people will make in their lifetime.
A home search in Silver Spring, MD is as easy as contacting Emcee Arah and the EMA Real Estate Group. Arah and his team are dedicated to providing a quality experience through a stress-free, step-by-step system of real estate services that have been specifically designed to ensure a smooth relocation process for his clients.
To contact Emcee Arah, call 301.452.5252 or visit www.LowPaymentHome.com.