Video Blogging Challenge, Following my Business Coach's Plan
Last Thursday afternoon I went to my first ever business coaching session. It was an interesting experience. Having been a Staging Coach for many years now, it was odd to sit on the other side of the table. Still, I thought this was important since I am transitioning from a home stager to the role of a local Realtor. I have a pretty precise business plan, which is different than most other Realtors. I find this to be an opportunity because it is a relatively untapped niche. My premise involves a integrating my role for the last seven years as a home staging industry leader and award winning stager into a new market shift.
My business coach outlined several prominent places where he saw that I had strengths but was not utilizing them, and the first one was video blogging, or vloggning. Running across an Active Rain vlogging challenge, I decided this was a great medium to help me stay on track and be accountable. While the challenge focuses on neighborhood and localism vlogging, I submit my entries based on my own business plan.
Here is my approach plan and goal identifier:
1) Build an audience. Because videos can be found in more places, thanks to sites like youtube listings and embed links, vlogging can create greater exposure. Additionally, Google really likes videos. This means better SEO, and with it hopefully an increased viewership.
2) Show competency and knowledge of my areas of expertise. For me, this is the integration of home staging and real estate. My goals is to break down tough topics to prove that home staging is not about fluff or pretty stuff. It is about saving or increasing equity and a positive net return on investment.
3) Show my face and personality. I'm new in the St Augustine, Jacksonville area and I want my name associated with an authoritative, friendly, knowledgeable image. While I'm new to the area, I'm not new to the industry. I have a wealth of information and can use that to help my selling customers.
4) My topics will include real estate market trends, home staging as it relates to real estate positioning and equity ROI, and marketing for home selling.
5) Because my goal is to be a stronger listing agent, not a buyer's agent, my vlogs will serve to position myself as the leading choice when it comes to understanding how to best position my customers.
I have already created my first two vlogs, which can be viewed at: Underwater Home Staging, It's all about the Net. & Model Homes vs Staged Homes, What's the Difference?
Right, so now I have eight more vlogs to do for the challenge. Of course, by then it will be old hat. Why not continue?