Top Ten Things to Tell your Buyer after Offer Is Accepted
I can’t tell you how many times I have gone over this list – I am still flabbergasted that even AFTER going over this many times, we have buyers that FORGET and do one or more of the following things. And it jeopardizes their ability to buy a home so take heed and past it on!!
1. Do not get a loan for a car (any car!!!)
2. Do not buy any furniture on credit (even if it’s interest free!)
3. Do not CHANGE jobs!
4. Do not CHANGE your work habits and hours
5. Do not freak out the evening you have your offer accepted – it is normal for you to get freaked out when lying in bed wondering if you made the right decision thinking to yourself -oh my what did I do!
6. Do not CHANGE your career if you absolutely have to get different job. Make sure it is in the SAME field you are currently working in.
7. Do not QUIT your job (that is different than ‘changing’ jobs mind you)
8. Do not freak out when reading a Home Inspection Report – Sometimes they look like the house should be condemned but that is normal
9. Don’t apply for any new types of credit (credit card, loans etc) other than your HOME LOAN
10. Do not take our or deposit huge sums of cash close to closing date