This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see.
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
Find informative stats, trends and insider tips on your state, county, city or neighborhood of choice. The insightful experts of ActiveRain share with you in a way only a local resident can.
Tips to Cut Home Utility Bills - Energy Tips. So how do you make a difference in your energy and utility bills going forward? First you should consider doing an energy assessment of your home's energy use. How to do this energy assessment? Hiring an energy auditor through your own electric company is one way to go. The auditor can take thermal imaging of your home to show areas where the warm air is escaping. Then the auditor can recommend energy effective solutions to improve your energy usage. Go to theDepartment of Energy web sitefor more energy tips but for now use these as follows:
- Wash your clothes in cold water
- Do FULL loads of laundry and dishes to avoid wasting energy and water
- Clean the dryer lint filter after EVERY laundry load to improve air circulation, speed drying and eliminate the chance of dryer fire.
- Take showers instead of baths and install low flow shower heads in all showers
- Fix leaky faucets around the house. Install water saving faucet attachments
- Install energy efficient light bulbs
- Bring more natural light into your home through windows and skylights, reducing the need for artifical lighting during the day
- Turn off appliances or lights not in use
- Unplug block type chargers ( i.e. laptop or cell phone) when not in use. Remember that your charging device is still using electricity if it is plugged in
- Turn desktop computers off when not in use for extended periods of time
- Get a programmable thermostat and have it installed. Don't heat or cool space at a stay at home temperature when you are not home!
Make good energy changes in your home living style today and start saving some bigger change (kaching $$). Christmas is coming is it not?!
Ginny Lacey Gorman is a North Kingstown Realtor who works and knows the North Kingstown RI geographic area of homes for sale, schools, happenings and important tidbits of information well.
Waterfront, water view, ocean front, luxury and coastal Rhode Island real estate are my specialty. If your considering Buying, Selling or Relocating to Rhode Island and need a real estate Professional it would be my pleasure to help you!When you are in need of an internet savvy RI realtor® who sells homes in this real estate market, call Ginny today at 401.529.7849.