Debbie is right on target with this post Proper MLS photos are very important as many times your first showing is on line! Great photos help great homes get sold!
The Do’s of Good MLS Photos- When it comes to making good MLS photos there are some simple practices that will make the photos look better than the competition.
The Do’s of Good MLS Photos starts with the basics. Use a camera that makes good pictures. Sounds simple enough right? It doesn’t have to be expensive but does need a wide angle lens on it.
Now to the basic, common sense approach to better MLS Photos.
- Change exterior photos with the season. If the listing is taken in the fall with leaves on the trees and it doesn’t sell until late winter, this type photo dates the listing. Take some new exteriors when the leaves are all down in the winter. Keep it current.
- Speaking of dates, don’t put dates on the photos in MLS. It screams this house has been on the market awhile.
- Take a front shot with a very steady hand or a tripod.at a slight angle. In other words shooting straight on at the front of the house is less flattering to most houses.
- Stand in the doorway or closet to get the best angle of a room. Make sure the lights are on including lamps.
- Make sure the room is somewhat staged. The beds need to be made and straight, blinds and shades up or opened uniformly and dirty dishes, clothes, clutter and personal items out of the photo.
- Take the shot of rooms from different angles so there will have plenty to choose from back at the computer. Looking through the lens doesn't always show how it will look on the screen.
- Any special features such as a pretty shower, unusual light fixture, elegant archway or high-end appliances need their own photos.
- Don’t be afraid to use a photo editor to enhance and improve the photos.
- Upload as many photos as the MLS will allow. If 20 is the limit then upload 20. The more photos on the site, the longer the buyer will stay looking at the listing.
The Do’s of Good MLS Photos take a little practice and will greatly improve the appearance of the listings online.
In Clarksville, TN I will take good photos of your home to help get it sold fast. Contact me to get results.
Want To Know What Debbie Has to Say?
"The Real Debbie Reynolds" at DebbieReynolds.net
Prudential PenFed Realty, 2503 Wilma Rudolph Blvd., Clarksville, TN 37040
An independently owned and operated member of BRER Affiliated, Inc.
Not affiliated with Prudential. Prudential watermarks used under license.
931-920-6730 (office) 931-320-6730 (cell)