10 Signs Your Blogging Is Working
So you've started blogging and you're not sure it's working? You're like everyone in the biz and you want it to work YESTERDAY, and frankly even that isn't soon enough! But unless you hit the blogger's lottery, chances are it's going to take some time to get those consumer calls! And maybe never for those calls if your topic selection isn't attuned to what the consumer wants.
So how do we know our blogging is working? Here's 10 things that we've had happen that tell us it's working (in no particular order):
1. Two listing referrals in the last two months from Active Rain members.
2. Multiple quotes in the local paper and magazine regarding real estate and school levy influence. And we've had the RE/MAX blog for the weekly e-newsletter twice.
3. Small business owners that know us by name when we walk in.
4. A small business owner that has our post about them captured on the front page of their website and leading readers back to our blog.
5. Requests for us to blog about events we've covered before, with updates for this year's event. And yes, we do blog by request!
6. Calls from people that think WE are the event hosts or business for localism posts. We make it clear at the end of each post that we're REALTORS(R).
7. Google likes us. Finding your posts on page 1 and sometimes even at the top of page 1 organically for key phrases we target? Pretty sweet!
8. Emails and calls from potential home buyers and sellers, especially noticeable in response to our niche blogging. This took time to develop.
9. Increased traffic on our main site because our blog site links to it.
10. We know more about our communities, neighborhoods, events, etc. All because we're blogging about them, and to do that, we have to be out and about. Driving neighborhoods we've never shown a home in. Attending events we might have otherwise skipped. And it's a good thing!
So keep on blogging. The signs that it's working aren't always going to be so obvious as a phone call saying "I've been reading your blog and you're my REALTOR(R)!", but the signs are there. And if you're NOT getting signs that your blogging is working, it may be time to re-evaluate the What and the How of your blogging. Might we suggest some Active Rain University review? Bob will get you on the right path!
Back tomorrow with another post (if not sooner!),
Liz and Bill aka BLiz