Do you own a HUD-FHA financed home, and need to do a Short Sale? Here is a summary of the requirements do perform an FHA-insured HUD Short Sale or "Pre-Foreclosure" Sale:
- You must be delinquent 31 days or more delinquent at the time of sale.
- You must list the property with an un-related Licensed Real Estate Broker
You must actively market the property for four months (up to six).
For the first 30 days of marketing, the short sale lender (mortgagee) may only approve offers that will result in a minimum net sale proceeds of 88% of the "as-is" appraised Fair Market Value (FMV). During the next 30 days of marketing, the lender may only approve offers that will result in minimum net sale proceeds of 86% of the "as-is" appraised FMV. For the rest of the marketing time (60 days), the lender may only approve offers that will result in minimum net sale proceeds of 84% of the "as-is" appraised FMV.
- The property must be an owner-occupied, except for cases of job transfer, death, divorce, job loss
- There should be written proof of your decrease in income showing inability to pay the mortgage, job loss, etc.
- HUD will pay up to 1% of buyer's mortgage as part of closing costs if the new mortgage is also FHA, plus reasonable "seller" costs
- HUD allows 6% Realtor commission
- HUD will not pay for Home Warranties, points or lender's title insurance
- You must get approval to participate in the HUD Pre-Foreclosure Sale Program in advance
- Upon acceptance into the program, you will be given Approval To Participate Form which will outline program restrictions
Here are details of the HUD Short Sale (Pre-Foreclosure) Sale Program. Remember, these guidelines apply to FHA-insured loans only, and there may be some latitude in those requirements. These guidelines are subject to change.
For more information contact the HUD National Servicing Center, your lender, and an experienced Short Sale Specialist.
Wendy Rulnick, Broker, CRP, CRS, GRI, ABR Rulnick Realty, Inc.
Specializing in real estate sales on Emerald Coast of Florida: Destin Florida real estate, Santa Rosa Beach, Fort Walton Beach, Niceville, Bluewater Bay, Navarre, Seagrove Beach, Watercolor, Sandestin, Seaside, Dune Allen, Blue Mountain Beach, Freeport, Rosemary Beach, Mary Esther, Shalimar, Eglin AFB, Hurlburt Field. Call toll-free 1-877-ITS-WNDY (1-877-487-9639) or local 850-650-7883 ext 204
Copyright © 2008 By Wendy Rulnick. All Rights Reserved. *HUD SHORT SALE GUIDELINES* Contact Wendy Rulnick regarding Destin Florida real estate and vicinity.