MOVING TO MAUI HAWAII INFO - KAHULUI - 96732
So you want to move to Kahului Maui, and you've decided you need some help. Let me be of assistance.... I hope these links will be just what you're looking for. When you're ready to make the move, let a local expert be your guide. Of course there is so much more to know before you come here to Maui, so doing your own research is essential.
Kahului was once known as "Dream City" when it was first established as an alternative to the plantation camps of old. That era (the '50s and '60s) brought a whole lot of cinder block homes to families who had never owned a home on Maui. Most of those homes are still around, and a lot of newer subdivisions have been created in recent years.
The Island and The Bluffs are Kahului's most prestigious gated neighborhoods, located close to Wailuku. Maui Lani is a planned community by Schuler Homes, comprising a lot of the new offerings in the market.
For more info about buying on Maui, please contact your favorite Realtor - Georgina M. Hunter R(S) e-Pro
- Arriving at the Kahului Airport - your first impression of Maui
- Big box stores - what you'll find when you get here
- Maui Mall - one of the more established shopping centers
- Cheap gas - the best place to save some money when filling up
- Maui Harley Davidson - buy or rent while you shop for a home
- Maui elementary and intermediate schools - list provided by the county of Maui
- Maui high schools - list provided by the county of Maui
- Maui Chamber of Commerce- news and links for malahinis
- Realtors Association of Maui - our local resource for Realtors
- Maui Arts and Cultural Center - our world class cultural resource and entertainment venue
- Banking- the top banks in Kahului
- Health Care - we have one main hospital, and some other options
- Maui County Website - lots of information about Maui County and various departments of government
- Maui County Property Tax Rates - if you're curious about our property tax, here's the skinny
- Not on Maui - you won't find any of these things here on Maui
- Moving with pets - the Department of Agriculture rules and info
- Maui Weather - some great links for Maui local weather info, tsunami and hurricane sites
- Shopping for a Maui Realtor - let a local expert be your guide to explain the different parts of this fabulous island
~ Aloha from MAUI ~