Now that I have given you all an overview of life and real estate in the greater Lake Norman area, it is time to start focusing on individual subdivisions, of which there are many!
I chose to write about The Harbour at the Pointe first because it is one of my favorites. Located in Mooresville on the eastern shoreline of Lake Norman , The Harbour subdivision broke ground in 1992 and offers homes from about 2400 square feet to over 5000 square feet. The lots range from heavily wooded to lovely manicured gardens; some with waterviews and of course, some waterfront homes as well.
So makes The Harbour at The Pointe so special ?
Beautifully landscaped common areas full of Crepe Myrtles, lush green grass, towering pine trees and colorful annuals
One of the few subdivisions out on the lake, other than its neighbor, The Point , that has curbs, some sidewalks and a true sense of neighborhoods for those looking for a more neighborly feel rather than a Lake Norman retreat
Almost all homes come with deeded boatslips which is extremely valuable as boatslips are limited on Lake Norman
- Marina area with day docks, deeded boatslips and a boat ramp
- Community Club House
- Junior Olympic sized pool
- Tennis Courts
- Soccer field
- Basketball court
- Community well
- Maintenance checks on septic systems is part of HOA dues
Actually, while this is a wonderful list of amenities, what truly makes The Harbour special is its sense of community. From Easter and Halloween events for the children to planned activities like Ladies' Night, Barbecues, Tennis and Golf Tournaments, and even neighborhood beautification and community service projects there are many activities for all ages.
We kept our boat there our first year here and we found everyone to be very friendly. During the summer the pool was buzzing with activity yet the trails through the tall pines to many of the docks is completely tranquil.
Current Real Estate Summary:
- There are currently 27 homes in The Harbour listed for sale in the MLS ranging in price from $412,900 to $2,845,000
- In the past year 23 homes in The Harbour sold from $354,825 to $1,410,000.
- The average days a home is on the market at The Harbour was 95 which is significantly shorter than the greater Lake Norman area
- They have about 13 months of supply of homes for sale which is about 40% less than the greater Lake Norman area...this is very good!
- The average sales price was $187 per square foot (This includes waterfront homes)
Beautiful homes and gardens, wonderful amenities, located on the shoreline of Lake Norman, close to Mooresville shopping; The Harbour at The Pointe might be the perfect home for you!
Learn More About Lake Norman Real Estate on My Blogsite