I have recently opted to take a week long training course that specifies "Dress is Business Professional" I need some input from fellow activerain members.
I live in Panama City Beach FL, temperatures range from 35 to triple digits in the summer. The humidty is very high. Should the weather play an integral roll on what is considered "Business Professional"?
The following items are acceptable as business attire for women:
- Suit-black, gray, dark burgundy or navy
- Contrasting jacket and skirt
- Two-piece dress
- White or off-white blouse
- Solid color blouse (may be pastel)
- Gold or silver earrings
- Scarf that picks up colors from the suit
- Black, navy or taupe pumps
- Neutral or taupe hosiery
- Black, dark brown or burgundy leather handbag
- All-weather coat
- Black, brown or burgundy briefcase
Is there any leviation? What is considered "Business Professional" in todays workplace? I have a ton of clothes. I do not how ever own a vast array of Suit's.
As always I remember the old adage "Dress for Success" which I try to do on a daily basis in the workplace. Please give me your thoughts and experiences.