HELP!!!!!! Problems with a Short Sale (Possible Sales Lead for Indiana)

By
Education & Training with REISA - 317-663-4173

Hey Folks!Happy Couple

Really need some help with this one. Sorry if its gets boring but I want to be detailed here to help the client.

I have a client that is a long time personal friend. They are well qualified borrower's and have found  their perfect home. It is located in Brownsburg, IN (this is for folks that may have listings that might work).

Here is the deal:

Seller purchased home in September 2005, First mortgage with Flagstar for $251,000. Seller takes a job out of the area and list for sale.short sale

House on market a while. Need to sell. Now it is listed with Keller and Williams as a short sale for $233,000. Another third party is involved (Guardian) that is to "work" the short sale (for the bank I guess).

dream homeDid I mention that the buyers have found their dream house, are well qualified, and put a offer in at $237,000. Now everyone is aware that these can take a while. My buyer is OK. In fact we put an extended rate lock in a few weeks ago when rates dipped.

Today I meet with the buyers for a update. Here is were it gets messy.

I read a email that the house is going into foreclosure. I also learn that the home has a HELOC (I do not know lender or dollar amount).

While I have experience with short sales and foreclosures I have no experience with a house listed as a short saleforeclosure going into foreclosure.

I did advise my friends that they may need to look for another home.

So, any ideas on what to do?

1. Any hints on how to push the sale.

2. Should they select another home.

3. They can wait under it goes to foreclosure and then buy "bank owned" or foreclosure sale.

Please let me know of any action I can do to help my friends and client

Best regards,
Tony Grego - Indiana Mortgage Company

 hair

 

 

 

 

 

 Not my real picture.

close

This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Tags:
indiana
mortgage
short sale
foreclosure
flagstar
dream house
heloc
indiana mortgage company
indina mortgage
tony grego

Anonymous
Post a Comment
Spam prevention

Accessibility option: listen to a question and answer it!

To submit the form,
drag the eye to the circle on the side.

Type below the answer to what you hear. Numbers or words, lowercase:

Spam prevention

Accessibility option: listen to a question and answer it!

To submit the form,
drag the tshirt to the circle on the side.

Type below the answer to what you hear. Numbers or words, lowercase:

Show All Comments
Anonymous
Anonymous
Raquel McPeek
I can understand how frustrating this is for you and your clients especially when they love the house. First, is there a foreclosure sale date or has the lender just recently filed for default? Regardless, there is still time. I am not  familiar with Indiana's foreclosure process but in Ohio the homeowner owns and can sell up to the auction date. It is not unheard of for the lender to postpone the sale if the offer is in their best interest. Second, has the listing agent submitted all of the information that the lender requires including the purchase offer to both of the lien holders? The second lien holder will need to give their figure to release and that must be submitted to the first lien holder for approval as well. I would contact the listing agent to verify that he or she is staying on top of the sale. I find that you really need to be persistant with these lenders to get anything done. As for buying it bank owned after the foreclosure sale, there is no guarentee that the plantiff (lender) will win the bid if there are other parties interested in the property, therefore your client may not have a chance to buy it as an REO or bank owned property. I would start with the listing agent to make sure ALL the appropriate and nessessary paper work has been submitted to the lenders and that they have a contact/negotiator assignd to work the file. The third party is not a major issue. Instead of hiring a staff for a short sale/loss mitigation department within the lender they contract to a third party but the lender has the final say. Time is of the essence. Call the listing agent to follow up. Hope this helps and bestof luck!
April 03, 2008 06:06 PM #1
Rainer
126,237
Tony Grego, 317-663-4173 #1 Trade Association for Alternative Inv
REISA - 317-663-4173 - Indianapolis, IN

Thanks Raquel

Indiana is like Ohio with selling right up to sale. Now this home is not in foreclosure, it is going into fc. Love what you stated about the selling agent.  This is the angle I will work.

 

Thanks  again

Tony     

April 03, 2008 10:38 PM #2
Rainmaker
506,634
Ann Heitland
RE/MAX Peak Properties - Flagstaff, AZ
Flagstaff Real Estate - Associate Broker, GRI, CRS
If the offer is to the bank's advantage, they will postpone the foreclose. The market's not going up yet is it?
April 03, 2008 11:51 PM #3
Rainer
126,237
Tony Grego, 317-663-4173 #1 Trade Association for Alternative Inv
REISA - 317-663-4173 - Indianapolis, IN

Thanks Ann

The clients have offered more than the listed price and would close today if they could. Now I have heard that prices are going up but I still not heard of anyone offering over list price in Indiana lately

Tony 

April 04, 2008 01:24 AM #4
Anonymous
Post a Comment
Spam prevention

Accessibility option: listen to a question and answer it!

To submit the form,
drag the lock to the circle on the side.

Type below the answer to what you hear. Numbers or words, lowercase:

Show All Comments
Rainer
126,237

Tony Grego, 317-663-4173 #1 Trade Association for Alternative Inv

Ask me a question
*
*
*
Spam prevention

Accessibility option: listen to a question and answer it!

To submit the form,
drag the foot to the circle on the side.

Type below the answer to what you hear. Numbers or words, lowercase:

Additional Information