I've been watching the MLS listings for the Kansas City Real Estate market and SPRING has SPRUNG in Real Estate!
Each day there are more and more new listings coming on and there will be more and more folks looking at those listings!
Here's some ways you can make your home sell more quickly!
10 Ways to Make Your Home Sell Fast
1. DEJUNK! Throw out or file stacks of newspapers and magazines. Pack away most of your small decorative items. Store out-of-season clothing to make closets seem roomier. Clean out the garage. Have shoes that hurt your feet and don't wear them... donate them.
2. Wash your windows and screens to let more light into the interior. If a buyer is inside looking out, clean windows impress them!
3. Keep everything extra clean. Wash fingerprints from light switch plates. Mop and wax floors. Clean the stove and refrigerator.(Remove magnets and kids artwork till you move) A clean house makes a better first impression and convinces buyers that the home has been well cared for. You only get one opportunity to make a good first impression!
4. Get rid of smells. Clean carpeting and drapes to eliminate cooking odors, smoke, and pet smells. Open the windows.
5. Put higher wattage bulbs in light sockets to make rooms seem brighter, especially basements and other dark rooms. Replace any burnt-out bulbs.
6. Make minor repairs that can create a bad impression. Small problems such as sticky doors, torn screens, cracked caulking, or a dripping faucet may seem trivial, but they'll can make a difference to a buyer.
7. Tidy your yard. Cut the grass, rake the leaves, trim the bushes, and edge the walks. Put a pot or two of bright flowers near the entryway.
8. Patch holes in your driveway and reapply sealant, if applicable.
9. Clean your gutters.
10. Polish your front doorknob and door numbers.