Huntsville Alabama First Day of Summer
Kimberly Grant, Huntsville Real Estate Agent
We have had some absolutely FABULOUS weather this past week. I know I have enjoyed myself outside for the past week than I have for quite so time. We are now officially moving into the summer season and forecasts show that our high temps will soon be rising. In our area, we tend to have a number of heat related injuries and illnesses during this time of the year. Its better to be safe than sorry!! Here are some suggested ways to prevent injury and illness in this hot weather:
- Wear light colored clothing
- Wear loose fitting clothing made of light fabrics
- Wear a ventilated hat when outside for extended periods of time
- Try to avoid drinking alcohol
- Stay out of direct heat/sunlight as much as possible
- Take frequent breaks if working outside
- Do not exchange drinking water for sports drinks
- Continuously take frequent short drinks of water throughout the day
- If you're looking for a way to stay cool, go to the mall, movies, a museum, the library, or any other cool air conditioned location
Be sure to take extra measures to stay safe in this hot weather if you are exercising or sick. Try to prevent dehydration and over exposure. Increase your fluid intake as needed. We need to do all we can to take care of ourselves and watch out for others. Be sure to keep a close watch on children, older adults, and any sick individuals.
We are already almost half way through 2008. Before we know it these hot summer days will be over. Lets all be very careful during these last few days to take care of ourselves so we can decrease those numbers of heat related injuries before we get to the fall!
Kimberly Grant, Associate Broker
Exit Leon Crawford Realty