Are you wondering about Northern Virginia real estate and pondering what has sold recently?
Here's some information about the most expensive home sales in Northern Virginia (Arlington County, Alexandria City, Fairfax City, Fairfax County, and Falls Church City) for May 2008. All information was obtained through MRIS.
MAY'S MOST EXPENSIVE SALES
Single Family Detached Homes:
- 3905 44th Street N., McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on May 12th for $4,995,000.
This 5 bedroom 7 full and 2 half bath home overlooks the rapids of the Potomac River with waterfront views from all 4 floors of the house.
- 8119 Spring Hill Farm Drive, McLean, VA 22102 -- Sold on May 22nd for $4,247,204.
Under construction, this new custom home will sport 5 bedrooms and 5 full baths, 2 half baths, all on 1 acre in McLean.
- 833 Mackall Avenue, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on May 16th for $3,750,000.
Built in 2001, this 5 bedroom 5 bathroom home sits on 1.35 acres and features 3 levels, 3 fireplaces, and a 3 car garage.
- 8531 Old Dominion Drive, McLean, VA 22102 -- Sold on May 30th for $3,160,000.
A 16,000 square foot home on 2 acres with a private pool, 5 bedrooms, 9 full baths, 5 half baths (almost 3 bathrooms for every bedroom!) and 6 fireplaces was built in 1990.
- 9696 Mill Ridge Lane, Great Falls, VA 22066 -- Sold on May 30th for $3,000,000.
This newly constructed home on 1.72 acres features 4 bedrooms 5 and a half bathrooms in a small community of just six custom homes.
No surprise that 4 out of the top 5 are in McLean, generally considered the ritziest suburb of Washington D.C.
- 1404 Harvest Crossing Drive, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on May 28th for $1,180,000.
This was a short sale in the Evans Farm community of McLean. Built in 2005, this 5 bedroom 4.5 bathroom townhouse features an elevator.
- 701 Rose Square, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on May 1st for $1,100,000.
Located in Potomac Greens, just north of Old Town Alexandria, this 3152 squafe foot townhouse features luxury Viking appliances, a two car garage and two gas fireplaces. Built in 2006, the home has 3 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms.
- 210 S. Pitt Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on May 23rd for $975,000.
In the heart of Old Town Alexandria, this historic 1852 townhouse features a patio garden and 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms on 4 levels.
- 1211 Kirkwood Road, Arlington, VA 22201 -- Sold on May 15th for $936,000.
3 blocks away from the Clarendon Metro station, this townhouse has a master suite that takes up an entire floor with a sitting area, walk-in closet and large bathroom.
- 7207 Evans Mill Road, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on May 29th for $935,000.
Built in 1984, but recently renovated from top to bottom, this 4 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom townhouse features all types of upgrades in the heart of McLean.
Over 2500 townhouses are currently available in all price ranges throughout Northern Virginia.
SEE AVAILABLE TOWNHOUSES IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA
- 1600 Clarendon Blvd #302, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on May 8th for $1,100,000.
The Wooster and Mercer Lofts has stylish appeal like no other condos around. This corner unit with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms has all the high end finishes and luxury appliances you can imagine.
- 1830 Fountain Drive #1405, Reston, VA 20190 -- Sold on May 15th for $1,067,500.
Penthouse at Reston Town Center! In the Paramount building, this 3 bedroom 3.5 bathroom condo features 2,900 square feet of living space and 180 degree views from floor to ceiling windows.
- 513 W. Broad Street #804, Falls Church, VA 22046 -- Sold on May 30th for $900,000.
A condo at The Byron with 3 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms and 2,421 square feet of space.
- 400 Madison Street #1808, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on May 30th for $785,000.
Location and view. See the Potomac River, Maryland shore, and D.C. skyline from every room of this 3 bedroom 2 bath condo in Old Town Alexandria.
- 612 Tivoli Passage Way #8, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on May 19th for $745,000.
This townhouse style condo in the heart of Old Town Alexandria features 1,682 square feet of space on 4 levels and 12 foot ceilings. Built in 1999, the home has 2 parking spaces and is across the street from Trader Joes.