I had an experience almost a month ago and I am just now able to put that experience into words. (Just Barely)
I was left so inspired, so motivated, so proud to be a realtor.....aw heck so a whole lot of stuff that I can't think of right now..... so positively charged.
That experience was Wayne Furlong. For those of you who do not know this wonderful blessing of a man, please do view his profile and attempt to be blessed with the priviledge of interacting with him. Wayne Furlong's Profile
I thought I was going into my office to be trained for 2 days on Realty Generator. Well I was in for a pleasant awakening. Not only did I receive training on Realty Generator, but I got some of the bestest (said in my best kid voice), most intense career boosting training I've ever attended. I've been to boot camps that charged me tons of money which didn't teach me half of what Wayne traveled from Florida to Philadelphia to teach me at NO CHARGE!!!!
WHAT DID I LEARN? Weeeellll you've gotta ask Wayne. I'm too giddy and too excited to list it all.
Here's a few things though:
- The importance of being a "Rainer": well I already knew but my office didn't and no matter how many times I tried to boast about the "Rain", not too many of the agents in my office were buyin' it. Thanks to Wayne, I got a chance to show off my "Rain" (did I just rhyme? must be the poet in me) when he left, agents were ringing my phone off the hook about Active Rain.
- I learned some of the most creative ways to drive traffic open houses.
- I learned some crafty ways to get REO listings
- I learned how to use my writing skills to my advantage
- I learned the importance of learning from others: This was a huge one for me. During training, when Wayne would get a response from an agent about something they were an expert in, he mandated them to conduct a training for the office in that specialty. I think this was the single most valuable suggestion he could've given. In a time where things are hard and some agents can't afford the fancy training, Mr. Furlong taught us to utilize each other instead of paying hundreds of dollars bootcamps and trainings that we can have in our own office. Information is key in this business and being selfish with information is not helping the market at all. I could've kissed this man for that suggestion. Why didn't I think of that. Sooooo, I will be conducting an Active Rain Training. One of the other agents in my office will be conducting an REO Training. Another agent will be conducting a door knocking training and there are a few more that I don't need to mention because I think you've gotten my point by now. Brokers, I urge you to use this tool. It is most valuable to the success of your agents. Why not have your agents donate an hour or two of their time to train your office in their specialty every month?
I think I've listed enough for you all to catch where I'm coming from. His style of teaching is the funniest. I didnt' want to fall asleep once,lol
I work in a fairly large office and have one of the most wonderful owners an agent can have. I can't express how appreciative I am to her for flying Mr. Furlong in to teach us. If you all have the opportunity, speak with Mr. Furlong, I'm sure you will love the experience......
P.S. Don't forget to ask about his For Sale By Secret approach. You'll love it.