Courtesy Batman TV Wiki
In our last adventure our fragile business networker was accosted by the unseamly hardsell tactics of Superman during a networking event. Superman was the epitome of the hardsell, offer nothing, talking to much, and in general acting like the blowhard we all try to avoid.
#1 Method To Networking Success
"Give something that others Value, give it often, and give it WITHOUT asking for anything in return" -Jeffrey Gitomer
If you give people what they value, continuously give it to them, without asking for something in return or trying to sell them--you will have mastered the method to networking success: The Give
The Ann Tardy Story: A Case Study for "Giving"
Ann Tardy left a successful law practice as well as her CPA business to establish Lifemoxie.com. Ann is a powerful keynote and workshop facilitator. I attended her workshop "20 Ideas To Relentlessly Self Promote You and Your Business."
The Approach: It's All About "Giving"
Shortly upon the conclusion of Ann's workshop I met her face to face and offered:
1. To give my feedback on her presentation
2. To write an article praising her work for my blog
The Rest of The Story
After staying in contact with Ann, and many communications and networking referrals, we finally had the opportunity to meet for lunch 2 months after our initial conversation at her presentation. We were pleasantly surprised with the story Ann related to us:
"I was in New York City last week as a guest presenter at a Women Entrepreneur's Conference. An audience member approached me after my keynote to tell me that she attended the workshop because of a review she read from a blogger. That blogger turned out to be you dean and your deansguide review. As a result of your wonderful review this woman attended and brought a friend with her."
The Results of "Giving"
1. Referral-Gifts: Ann has provided our Inner Architect business with 17 amazing contacts which have led to 12 speaking engagements for author Susan Hanshaw
2. Relationship: Ann has become a trusted friend and source of business
4. Reference Point: Ann is a well respected national keynote speaker with incredible name recognition. Her willingness to validate our business mission lends added credibility to our reputation and public perception
5. Mentor: Ann is walking the path we intend to walk. Her mentorship and direction have been an integral part of our business growth and expansion
Have you gotten it yet? The best and #1 Method to networking success is to give first, give often, give value!