My lovely wife is a paralegal...and being such, has access to the Montana Anotated Code. (That means she knows the laws here for us non-legal peeps...) Anyways...she brought home a few of the best and dumbest the other day...and I just had to share.
- It is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your truck without a chaperone.
- It is a felony for a wife to open her husband's mail.
- Seven or more indians are considered a raiding or war party and it is legal to shoot them. (Repealed)
- It is a misdemeanor to show movies that depict acts of felonious crime.
- It is illegal for married women to go fishing alone on Sundays, and illegal for unmarried women to fish alone at all.
- When a prisoner is discharged from the penal system, the local authorities are supposed to give you a horse and a pistol.
The following ones are specific to the local communites highlighted --
Balls may not be thrown within the city limits.
No item may be thrown across a street.
Pop bottles are not to be thrown on the ground. They can be placed there, but not thrown.
It is illegal to operate a vehicle with ice picks attached to the wheels.