In all our busy lives whether that means working transactions as Realtors, presenting a home as a Stager, buying a home, selling a home, commuting into the office, fixing the broken printer, dealing with our children's problems, handling a health issue, there is more stress out there it seems these days than we know what to do with.
I do believe you can find peace amidst all the chaos. Some days it is not easy for sure. Sometimes you think you have consecutive black cloud days hovering over your head.
So I've served up today some reminders for you. That it doesn't have to overwhelm you. We all want calm. We want restfulness. Here then are tips for a:
Pathway to Serenity
1. Solve the problem that is nagging at you. Don't go around or through it. Fix it.
2. Stay away from the grouches. Identify them and drive your boat away from them. They are a drain.
3. Also, identify other sources of negativity in your lives. Words from people, their actions, a bad commute time of day. Steer clear of as much negativity as you can. It is something that wears your body cells down.
4. Know crystal clear what "you cannot control." A big part of the serenity prayer. That which you cannot control you cannot change. Acceptance is the key here for serenity.
5. Take time for prayer or meditation. Nothing soothes the mind like quiet thought.
6. Get away. Find your quiet spot. Find your relaxing zones. If you can swing it, practice mini-vacations. Real vacations, not ones in your mind.
7. Be Blessed not Stressed. Say thank you A LOT!! Thank your friends for being there. Thanks in your mind for all you may have going for you (health, home, children, finances, laughter, your strengths, etc.) You cannot say thank you and be stressed at the same time.
8. Lastly, do something for others ALL THE TIME. The universe works this way. If you are helping others in their lives it will circle back to you and take the pressure off you. Why this works I'm not sure but it does. Give a smile, and guess what, all of a sudden you are smiling back from them.
Remember the sun is shining past the clouds. It always has. You just have to believe that in your heart. That image should let you know that in the big picture everything will be fine and you will have that