5 most common mistakes that sellers make when trying to sell a home.
- Price your home right. Not what you want or need, but what the market dictates.
- No offers in a month. Lower prices at least 3%
- Price your home based upon comps of sold properties (within 3 months); Not active listings!
- Incentives such as contribution towards closing costs allow buyers to come up with less money making it easier for the borrower to obtain a loan.
- Do not overprice your home with the idea you have room to negotiate. Buyers will make offers on lesser priced homes.
As you can tell, most of the so-called secrets of real estate selling are price driven. Most homes, like most products in the economy, sell predominantly be price or value.