However, there are few things you can do to maximize your chances and to make sure that you don't let that interested buyer to slip away.
Here are some suggestions:
1) Price your Home Right - in many areas surrounding Phoenix the supply of homes on the market for sale is so abundant that if you are not priced right, you wont get a phone call or have a showing for months at a time
2) offer easy showing access to potential buyers (lock box and open houses)
3) Get a pre-inspection - allows you to fix any potential problems that may cancel a sale later
4) stage your home - staging does help and there are plenty of excellent staging companies that will work with you on cooperative pricing.
5) remove clutter, junk, empty garage, nothing is visibly in a state of dis-repair
6) immaculate street presence - make sure that potential buyer decide to stop and get out of the car and in walk in the front door. Don't let them drive away because of a unkempt yard or over due paint job.
7) Fresh paint on the inside gives you home that ‘new car smell'
carpets professionally cleaned -
9) allow Realtors to show the home and hold open houses without you (the owner) present
10) if you have a pet or smoke make sure the house does not smell as a result
11) pets need to be out of the house during showings (including open houses)
12) Price your home right, price your home right, price your home right