Hello fellow Real Estate Pros! I am debating the benefits of receiving mail at a PO Box vs. a Private Mail Box. The PO Boxes are at the U.S. Post Office and the PMBs are at private stores, such as PostNet, Mail Box etc. and The UPS Store.
Work-from-home professionals need a mailbox address to protect their privacy and security. Did you know that ANYONE can find your Dept. of Real Estate mailing address online?!? I certainly don't want everyone to know my home address with my family!
- 24-hour access
- Can easily get stamps & send out mail also
- More anonymous than PMB store
- Buy stamps at cost
- Not a street address, may also need to give out your street
- Limited services (see benefits of PMB
Private Mail Boxes
- Can receive private shipping, such as FedEx & UPS
- Can receive large packages without hassle
- Can send out private shipping, such as FedEx & UPS
- Can easily get stamps, send out mail, and do other services, such as: faxing, copying, purchasing office supplies
- Staff will gladly pack your shipping boxes for you if needed (extra cost)
- May be able to set up a monthly charge account, and pay for all services once per month
- Small staff, get to know them well, they will do extra favors for you
- You can call in and ask what's in your mailbox (before making the trip down to pick it up)
- Staff can call you if you receive a fax, package, etc.
- May be able to get mail early due to personalized service
- May not offer 24-hour access (although most do)
- PMB slightly more expensive than PO Box
- Mailing services are more expensive
- The owner may move or close their store, leaving you in limbo
- Mail delivery in boxes may depend on staff workload (early AM or late PM)
What experiences have you had with either PO Boxes or PMBs? Please share your thoughts, we'd love to hear from you!
Join my NEW group for professionals who work from their home office at http://activerain.com/groups/virtualoffice
Regina P. Brown
Allison James Estates & Homes