In follow up to my post yesterday on the growth of Twitter I thought it would be interesting to share some Twitter terminology.
Similar to the Web, Blogging and Wiki, Twitter has also sparked a whole new legion of "new" words. Below a list of 70 interesting ones I have seen.
Twittonary of Twitter Terms
- Twadd - To add someone as a friend to Twitter.
- Twaggle - A gaggle of followers.
- Twaigslist - To sell something via Twitter.
- Twaiting - Twittering while waiting
- Twaffic - Twitter traffic.
- Twaunt - To taunt someone over Twitter.
- Twead - To read a Twitter.
- Twebay - To offer something for sale via Twitter.
- Tweekend - Spending your entire weekend on Twitter.
- Tweeple - Twitter people, Twitter members, Twitter users
- Tweepish - Feeling sheepish or regretful about something you tweeted.
- Tweeps - Twitterites that follow each other from one online network to another.
- Twease - A person who teases people over Twitter.
- Twends - Trends caused by Twitter and micro-blogging.
- Tweet-back - Bringing a previous tweet conversation back into the current conversation.
- Tweet-dropping - Eavesdropping on someone's else's Home Page in With Friends mode.
- Tweetaholism - The addiction to continued use of Twitter.
- Tweeter - A Twitter user.
- Tweeterboxes - Twitterers who tweet too much
- Tweetheart - That special someone who makes your heart skip a beat.
- Twitterholic - Someone who is addicted to Twitter.
- TweetIn - When a group of Twitterers agree to get together at a set time to Twitter.
- Tweeting - The act of posting to Twitter.
- Tweets - Posts on Twitter by Twitterers.
- Tweetsult - An insult via Twitter.
- TweetUp - When Twitterers meet in person in one's home nest.
- Twhepherd - The Twitter employee that finds and restores lost followers to your twaggle.
- Twexplanation - Sending a nebulousTweet and having to explain it while offline from Twitter.
- Twittercal mass - A community that has achieved a critical mass of Twitterers.
- Twibute -- To pay tribute on Twitter.
- Twis - To dis a fellow Twitterer.
- Twisticuffs - Fighting with a fellow Twitterer over twitter.
- Twitosphere - Community of Twitterers
- Twittastic - Something fantastic and wonderful.
- Twittcrastination - Twittering as a form of procrastination
- Twitterati - The glamorous A-List Twitterer's everyone wants to follow.
- Twitterer - A user of Twitter.
- Twittectomy - Unfollowing friends.
- Twittering - To send a Twitter message.
- Twitterish - Erractic behavior with short outbursts.
- Twired - Tired after excessive Twittering
- Twitterfly - Being a social butterfly on Twitter.
- Twitterject - Interject your tweet into an existing tweet stream of conversation.
- Twitterlooing - Twittering from a bathroom.
- Twitterloop - To be caught up with friend tweets and up on the conversation.
- Twittermaps - A mashup technology that lets Twitter users find each other using Google maps.
- Twitterpated - To be overwhelmed with Twitter messages.
- Twitterphoria - The elation you feel when the person you've added as a friend adds you back.
- Twitterrhea - The act of sending too many Twitter messages.
- Twitterrific - A really good Tweat
- Twittervision - locates the Twitterer on a map.
- Twittsomnia - Inability to sleep due to excessive Twittering.
- Twittertories - Clusters of Twittererers that follow and friend each other with little overlap with other clusters.
- Twittertude - Bad Twitter attitude.
- Twittfessional - A confession made on Twitter.
- Twitticisms - Witty Tweets.
- Twittilate - To arouse with Tweets.
- Twittish - Too skittish to Twitter.
- Twittsomnia - Twittering due to inability to sleep.
- Twittworking - Networking with Twitterites using Twitter.
- Twixt - Can't decide who to Tweet.
- Twhiner - A Twitterer who only ever posts whiney, negative Tweets.
- Twofor - Replying to two unrelated Tweets with a single Tweet.
- TwoingTwoing - To Twitter about wonderful things.
- Twlocked - To have Twitter (writers) block.
- Twoops - When you accidentally send a private SMS to Twitter
- Twoosh - A full 140 character Twitter.
- Twopsies - When you drop things because you are Twittering.
- Twurvey - A survey sent out over Twitter.
- Twype - To type a Twitter.
I am sure you have heard many other ones. Lets see how many we can find.
Please share ones you know and I will add them to above Twittonary.
Additions Since the Original Post:
Twitterlicious - Something delightful on Twitter (Added by Susie Blackmon-Valley)
Twemendous - Something fabulous that happened as a result of Twitter (Addd by Juliet Johnson)
Twit - Someone who doesn't follow Twitter Twettiquette (Added by Crystal Pina)
Twetiquette - The correct manner to use Twitter (Added by Crystal Pina)
Twitterbation - When you tweet yourself (Added by Juliet Johnson)
Mistweet - A tweet that one regrets later (Added by Rick)
Friendapalooza - A quick burst of friend-adding (Added by DJ of Real Estate Wiki)
Co-Twitterer - A partner that tweets on your Twitter account (Added by DJ of Real Estate Wiki)
Dweet - A Tweet sent while intoxicated (Added by DJ of Real Estate Wiki)
Neweeter - A new Tweeter (Added by DJ of Real Estate Wiki)
This entry hasn't been re-blogged:
Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Find what you need?
See More Blog PostsAbout Real Estate! SEE MORE NOW!